The Paperboy by Dav Pilkey

The Paperboy

by Dav Pilkey

I liked this book for many reasons. First, I loved the illustrations because they were so vivid and it felt like I was in the story. The illustrations went from dark to light because the story changed from early morning to sunrise morning. Finally, I liked the language of the book because there was extreme detail; it felt as if there was a narrator who was telling the story of the paperboy and how he started his day. I also love how the story began with the paperboy in bed and at the end of the story the author ends it with the paperboy going back to bed. There's not many stories like that and I found that really interesting. I would definitely love to read this book as a read a loud to my future students and even have it in my class library because I think many students will enjoy it. Especially the illustrations and because there is a dog in it too. ( )
  mmende6 | Oct 31, 2017 |
This book is good for visualizing. The Illustrations are dim and dark and soon jump off the page with vibrant water colors. Imagining what their own paper routine and route would look like, this paperboy explains his daily chore. For ages Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
  brittneye | Aug 22, 2017 |
Summary:
This is a story of a boy and his dog. The steps that he and his dog take every morning when getting ready to do morning paper route.

Personal reaction:
The book has great illustrations. This story is not very long but it has a great plot. Makes reading at bedtime easier to relax children. Also this shows that kids can take initiative toward chores or work.

Extension ideas:
1. children could draw pictures of them at the job they would like to work at.
2. Children could explain their favorite pets and what they do together. ( )
  l-thomas-l | Jul 16, 2017 |
Genre- realistic fiction
Age- primary
Summary- This book is about a boy that wakes up with his dog and goes and delivers papers and when he wakes up everyone is asleep and when he is going to bed everyone is waking up.
Critique- I like this book because it shows a set schedule. I think this could be a book in my classroom library because its a simple read and teaches kids how there paper gets on their door in the morning. It also shows that some people don't sleep when the everyone else is.
Media- acrylics and india ink reproduced in full color. ( )
  alopez19 | Feb 24, 2017 |
Modern Fantasy
Review: The paperboy is up early every cold morning and gets ready to go on his paper-delivery rout. He and his dog go around the neighborhood fulfilling their duty delivering papers.
Critique: It is a good modern fantasy because it is very feasible. Children get an idea of what their life could be like if they were in the position of the paperboy. ( )
  lbenfield15 | Feb 12, 2017 |

A boy and his dog savour the silence of the early morning as they deliver papers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:38 -0400)

A paperboy and his dog enjoy the quiet of the early morning as they go about their rounds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,710,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible