Time for Bed by Mem Fox

Time for Bed (edition 1997)

by Mem Fox, Jane Dyer (Illustrator)

Member:stephanie006
Title:Time for Bed
Authors:Mem Fox
Other authors:Jane Dyer (Illustrator)
Info:HMH Books (1997), Edition: 1, Board book, 28 pages

Time for Bed by Mem Fox

animals (133) baby (19) baby animals (21) bed (8) bedtime (159) big book (11) board book (80) children (40) children's (58) children's book (8) children's books (8) children's literature (17) children's picture book (8) family (18) farm (13) fiction (55) hardcover (10) kids (7) Mem Fox (14) night (17) nighttime (10) picture (12) picture book (91) poetry (15) rhyme (39) rhyming (20) sheep (13) sleep (35) sleeping (9) toddler (16)

This is a gentle bedtime book that features familiar animals (sheep, cats, fish) preparing for sleep. The text is a bedtime-themed lullaby that a parent could adapt to a song if desired. This was originally a regular picture book, and then it was adapted to board book format -- an issue that Sarah Evans cautioned us about in the lecture. I think the story and images are still effective in this format, although I would be curious to compare the two formats side-by-side if possible. ( )
  aeisen9 | Mar 16, 2014 |
Love it, simple :) ( )
  lmeza | Feb 6, 2014 |
This is a repetitive and predictable picture book that my three boys adored when they were little. It talks about all types of animals getting ready for bedtime and being tucked in with love and tenderness. We would read this book over and over and over. They went from naming the animals, to saying it with me as I read it, to wanting to "read" it by themselves, to actually picking out a few words to truly being able to read it on their own word for word while tracking them. I know that this lovely little book played an important role in special bedtimes at my house and instilled a love of cuddling up to read before bed in my boys. We have MANY favorites, but this is by far at the top of our list. ( )
  mamajess03 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Mem fox is a great author, we researched her in class and this book has many detailed and amazing illustrations. Great bed time story ( )
  caitlinsnead | Dec 9, 2013 |
REVIEW: This is a good book for kids relating to bed time and going to sleep. Its a sweet book with great illustrations.
RESOURCES: Lakewood Library
AGE: 1-2
  KayteeSchroeder | Nov 16, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0152010661, Board book)

All the sleepy-eyed creatures in Mem Fox and Jane Dyer's sweet picture book, Time for Bed, may be inspiration enough for young readers to nod off to dreamland. But just in case, this charming gift set includes, in addition to a board-book edition of the popular book, a soothing ceramic nightlight depicting Mama and Baby sheep. ("It's time for bed, little sheep, little sheep, / The whole wide world is going to sleep.") Here is the perfect gift for a newborn, who will start out life in the coziest surroundings possible. (Baby to preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:42 -0400)

As darkness falls parents everywhere try to get their children ready for sleep.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,523,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible