We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen

We're Going on a Bear Hunt (1989)

by Michael Rosen, Helen Oxenbury (Illustrator)

English (118)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (122)
This book is a great interactive story that will help students with getting out energy. This story also helps students with their repetition of stories. ( )
  ElainaBerger | Nov 23, 2018 |
4 stars
  kaetlynsandoval | Nov 6, 2018 |
This book is a fun family or classroom story to read along with children. It's great for shared reading or used in any other way. It teaches creativity and how to make a situation fun for everyone. The story is great for shared reading as it is repetitive but also tells a story about a family getting outside and creating fun together. I love this book as it can be a great story to tell and allow the kids to get up and move around while reading it. ( )
  apendr1 | Oct 31, 2018 |
Gets children up and active by moving around the room to go on a bear hunt. Very interactive. ( )
  samanthamoreland | Oct 25, 2018 |

Rosen, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oxenbury, HelenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Barnes, LesterComposersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Olid, BelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"We're Going on a Beat Hunt" is a story that will enhance a child's memory skills. A book that is enjoyable to read, sing, and dance to. A father and his children decide to go on a bear hunt and the pathin which they take to get there. Do you meet a bear? Read and find out!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689853491, Paperback)

"We're going on a bear hunt. / We're going to catch a big one. / What a beautiful day! / We're not scared." So begins Michael Rosen's award-winning read-aloud romp We're Going on a Bear Hunt. In this lovely boxed gift edition illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, a small paperback version of the book is packaged with the softest, most fabulous little brown bear we've ever seen. Reenacting "Splash splosh! Splash splosh! Splash splosh!" across the river is much more fun with an actual bear on hand. (Ages 4 and older)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:34 -0400)

A typically wonderful Oxenbury family sets out with gusto on a bear hunt, and the old story comes to life. Paintings are simply marvelous ... Rosen's retelling is spare, with a driving rhythm, and some new sounds add sparkle to the traditional tale. A predictable story in which brave bear hunters go through grass, a river, mud, and other obstacles before the inevitable encounter with the bear forces a headlong retreat.… (more)

Candlewick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0744523230, 0744555728, 0763619795

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,516,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible