Wombat Stew by Marcia K. Vaughan

Wombat Stew (1986)

by Marcia K. Vaughan

188None63,017 (4.11)4
Recently added byTesca, private library, phsell, akunzeman, filthyrichtoo, OXTCS, aleader, marti.booker, jayta

This is a story about a group of animals that pretend to work together to help a Dingo make a Wombat stew. The animals bring items to add to the stew and convince the Dingo to leave the Wombat for last. But the animals have made the stew taste terrible! So the Dingo never adds the Wombat. He thinks he has been poisoned. I like the way the animals use a cooperative strategy to save the Wombat. ( )
  aleader | Jan 19, 2014 |
One of my favourite books when I was younger. Wonderful Australian Book.
  Sassyc17 | Sep 9, 2009 |
Dingo wants to make a wombat stew but all the other animals trick him into making a stew that tastes terrible. A simple, repetitive story that is very entertaining. The repetitiveness had my 7yo chanting along after one read. Beautifully detailed and expression full illustrations are a delight. A wonderful introduction to Australian vocabulary and animals. This is a book everyone can enjoy from the littlest toddler up to the adult reading the story. Recommended. ( )
  ElizaJane | Dec 10, 2007 |
An inverted trickster tale, in which all the other animals trick dingo. There's a catchy little song, although we always sing it to a tune I made up because I'd already sung it 10 times by the time we got to the end of the book and I discovered a tune was provided. This is a good repetitive book and the only unusual Australian terminology is names of animals and plants that are pictured on the same page.
  ezwicky | Mar 21, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0382092112, Hardcover)

A dingo intent on making wombat stew receives cooking suggestions from the other animals, unaware that they are protecting their fellow creature.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:26 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,461,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible