Wither's Legacy: A Wendy Ward Novel (Wendy…

Wither's Legacy: A Wendy Ward Novel (Wendy Ward Novels)

by John Passarella

Wither’s Legacy packs as much punch as its predecessors, keeping the pace strong and lightning fast, with emotional whollops powerful enough to knock a reader to their knees. The characters that have been developed over the last two novels are back, still likeable, realistic, and strong. Again I was biting the ends of my knuckles hoping for their survival, something I’ve done twice already. And you know what? It never gets old. I hated hearing this would be the final book of the Wither series, as sitting here with my heart racing while I follow the lives of these individuals has become addictive.

The plot isn’t another possession gig; instead we have a delightfully vicious, creepy as all hell snow -like monster that would put a werewolf to shame. And stacked on to that good, gory fun, we have the possibility of Wither herself being out there somewhere, or the blood that Kayla consumed coming back full force to grip her by the throat and turn her into something she’d rather not become. Up the stakes even more with more evolvements in all the major characters lives, and you have one potent spell that knocked me silly.

So, so far we have pacing (check), plot (check), and characters as good as before (check). The ending, like the second book, surprised me and left me sad for a spell. The beginning started off right when it should have, and the middle was filled to the brim with all sorts of bad karma.

If there’s some weakness in this somewhere, I can’t find it. Much as the same as the first two, this one works. Strangely enough the second book, and now the third, are better than the original. Not an easy feat to pull off but Passarella, with a clear and cozy writing style, succeeds quite well.

Add it to the collection now! If you don’t, you’ll never know what you’ve missed, and ignorance isn’t always bliss. Don’t let your reading cycle be cursed; this series breathes more life into some of the stale, watered down horror stories circling the stores. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743484797, Mass Market Paperback)

In WITHER and WITHER'S RAIN, Elizabeth Wither, the leader of a murderous coven of witches, terrorized the town of Windale with her evil magic. Only the courage and wits of teenage witch Wendy Ward could dispel Wither's wicked curse. After destroying Wither a second time, Wendy thought the ancient evil was defeated. She was wrong. As Elizabeth Wither took her dying breath, she cursed Wendy. In WITHER'S LEGACY, the curse awakens a demon that has one goal: destroy Wendy Ward. Now the young Wiccan must hone her supernatural gifts and, with her friends Kayla and Hannah, defeat Wither's black magic once more. But it won't be easy. Wendy has faced witches before in human form, but her new nemesis is a seven-foot-tall monster with razor-sharp fangs and a taste for human blood. The wendigo won't be satisfied until Wendy is dead.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:08 -0400)

In this third novel in the 'Wendy Ward' series, Wendy faces her most fearsome foe yet: a bloodthirsty demon who won't rest until she is dead.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible