The devil, seven wormwoods, and God by…

The devil, seven wormwoods, and God

by Bernard L. Ramm

Take one older black homeless man, toss in a middle-aged affluent art dealer and add one religious, very selfless woman, mix well and you got a recipe for this story. "The Same Kind of Different As Me" is an autobiography of sorts. It tells the heroic saga of a middle-aged Christian woman, selflessly helping the homeless find God and her battle with cancer. The story is narrated from her husband and a black homeless man's point of view. Taking the reader on a journey the book explores many deep subjects such as death, forgiveness, faith, pain and suffering and prejudice. The book does have plenty of religious undertones and at times may be just a bit over the top for those non-christian readers. However, if you do chose to read it cover to cover it will leave you with a quite a few life lessons and a lot to really think about, "cause every person that looks like a enemy on the outside ain't necessarily one on the inside". ( )
  sgcallaway1994 | Oct 4, 2010 |
I’ve had this book on my wishlist for a long time but it was my daughter-in-law who finally got me to read this book. She suggested we go to a face-to-face book group and this book was the book to be discussed. She read it first and raved about it. I finally got to it this week and I agreed with her. Wonderful story. Can’t wait to talk about it on Monday night. ( )
  debnance | Jan 29, 2010 |

A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.
An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world
of Armani and Chanel.
A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.
A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.

It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana. . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . .and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster. . . a Texas ranch.

Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, it also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.

This incredible retelling now includes an interview with the authors and a reader’s guide that is perfect for individual or group study.

The most inspirational and emotionally gripping story of faith, fortitude, and friendship I have ever read. A powerful example of the healing, restorative power of forgiveness and the transformational, life changing power of unconditional love.
—Mark Clayman, Executive Producer for
the Academy Award–nominated
The Pursuit of Happyness

Denver Moore and Ron Hall’s story is one that
moved me to tears. The friendship that forms
between these two men at a time when both were in
great need is an inspiration to all of us to be more
compassionate to everyone we come in contact with. This is truly a wonderful book!
—Mrs. Barbara Bush

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:46 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible