Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Inside Social Life: Readings in Sociological Psychology and Microsociology
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0195332415, Paperback)The Fifth Edition of Spencer Cahill's best-selling anthology provides an introduction to the sociological study of social psychology, interpersonal interaction, social construction, and the social shaping of human experience in our everyday lives. The book's primary-source articles feature both contemporary and classic theoretical statements as well as empirical studies. Introductions to each part and to each article identify and explain central issues, key concepts, and relationships among topics.
The new edition features revised introductions and 10 entirely new contributions. The new articles address such topics as:
* The social construction of human experience
* The neurological plasticity of the developing human brain
* Young children's ethnic and racial definitions of self
* The historical transformation of grief in America
* The experience of taking psychiatric drugs
* The presentation of "cyberselves" on the Internet
* The conversational delivery of bad medical diagnostic news
* Young adult children's negotiations with parents over cars
* The challenges of living in impoverished, inner-city neighborhoods
* The processes that resulted in the design and establishment of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
The Instructor's Manual for this anthology consists of entirely new material.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:10 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.