Wideacre : A Novel by Philippa Gregory

Wideacre : A Novel (original 1987; edition 2003)

by Philippa Gregory

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:Wideacre : A Novel
Authors:Philippa Gregory
Info:Touchstone (2003), Paperback, 656 pages

Wideacre by Philippa Gregory (1987)

English (43)  English (1)  English (44)
I tried to read this book several times, hated it & never finished it. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
a book I could not put down. This journey of a young girl in the 15th century who had no rights fought for her freedom and to gain the land that she was entitled too. I loved this book from the first page to the last. ( )
  tmream | Oct 21, 2016 |
I don't think of myself as a naive or conservative person, but the brazenness made even me blush. ( )
  JessLJones | Sep 10, 2015 |
EDIT: NOVIEMBRE 2014

RESEÑA ORIGINAL: septiembre 2013

La novela tiene los personajes más desagradables que se puedan imaginar .

Nadie , absolutamente nadie que participe zafa . Nadie .

Fue muy dificil de terminar . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I'm a huge fan of this author, but I can't really get into this book no matter how hard I try. The main character is terribly boring. and I really just wanted to get off that farm. ( )
  saradiann | Apr 21, 2014 |
Wideacre Hall faces due south and the sun shines all day on the yellow sun until it is warm and powdery to the touch.

Beatrice Lacey, as strong-minded as she is beautiful, refuses to conform to the social customs of her time. Destined to lose her family name and beloved Wideacre estate once she is wed, Beatrice will use any means necessary to protect her ancestral heritage. Seduction, betrayal, even murder -- Beatrice's passion is without apology or conscience. "She is a Lacey of Wideacre," her father warns, "and whatever she does, however she behaves, will always be fitting." Yet even as Beatrice's scheming seems about to yield her dream, she is haunted by the one living person who knows the extent of her plans...and her capacity for evil.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:28 -0400)

From the Publisher: Beatrice Lacey, as strong-minded as she is beautiful, refuses to conform to the social customs of her time. Destined to lose her family name and beloved Wideacre estate once she is wed, Beatrice will use any means necessary to protect her ancestral heritage. Seduction, betrayal, even murder-Beatrice's passion is without apology or conscience. "She is a Lacey of Wideacre," her father warns, "and whatever she does, however she behaves, will always be fitting." Yet even as Beatrice's scheming seems about to yield her dream, she is haunted by the one living person who knows the extent of her plans-and her capacity for evil. Sumptuously set in Georgian England, Wideacre is intensely gripping, rich in texture, and full of color and authenticity. It is a saga as irresistible in its singular magic as its heroine.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,727,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible