Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity…

Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Work and Life

by David Allen

1,194106,719 (3.54)4

Ready for Anything is a companion book to David Allen’s Getting Things Done. The book is comprised of 52 reflections/essays on various aspects of the GTD methodology. The content was okay, but I found the book rather distracting because the author found a need to seed the book with quotes with little thought to placement. Here is a great idea of how to implement — insert 1/2 page quote here — and back to my great thought. If you are into the GTD thing it may be worth the read. If not, skip it. ( )
  JechtShot | Mar 30, 2014 |
I am stuck between a 3 and 4 star rating. The content is good, but you have to go through a lot to mine those good nuggets. Since I enjoyed Getting Things Done so much, I was expecting something more. ( )
  ChuckS65 | Oct 7, 2013 |
If read through and set aside this book really has little value, but if you read through it once and then used as a reference for that you go to daily for the next few months until the GTD system becomes habit then this book is worth every penny. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
  smcamp1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
While I really enjoyed this follow-up, there were less take-aways to be found than expected. Great for re-vitalizing my excitement about using the GTD system, only okay for real and concrete instructions. I may find it better after I have the full GTD system in place but for now, Getting Things Done and Making It All Work are the essential titles in the series. ( )
  KillerRoo | Jun 8, 2010 |

In his bestselling first book, Getting Things Done, veteran coach and management consultant David Allen presented his breakthrough methods to increase efficiency. Now “the personal productivity guru” (Fast Company) shows readers how to increase their ability to work better, not harder—every day. Based on Allen’s highly popular e-newsletter, Ready for Anything offers readers 52 ways to immediately clear your head for creativity, focus your attention, create structures that work, and take action to get things moving.

With wit, inspiration, and know-how, Allen shows readers how to make things happen—with less effort and stress, and lots more energy, creativity, and effectiveness. Ready for Anything is the perfect book for anyone wanting to work and live at his or her very best.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:30 -0400)

Provides tips and advice for improving productivity, increasing creativity, and achieving balance in business and daily life.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,633,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible