Ginnie and the Mystery Doll by Catherine…

Ginnie and the Mystery Doll (1960)

by Catherine Woolley

Series: Ginnie Series (5)

Dang. Why can't there be more stories like this, in which the enthusiasm of young girls helps loving adults reach out to each other? I would have given this three stars because there was stuff missing, like a distinction of personality between the two girls, or any of their background before this vacation, but I'm sure that's covered in the the books in the series. Mostly this stands alone just fine and is truly adorable.

Read it, or whatever Ginnie and Geneva book your library has, before they get culled.

My copy a nearly tattered find from a thrift store, which I'd be delighted to ship free to any US member. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Loved this book when I was a child. Years later, when I began my collection of all the books I had loved during my school years, I could only recall that a doll and a Jaguar featured prominently in the story. Luckily a used book seller knew the title and author immediately. ( )
  beanyncecil | Jan 26, 2011 |

Woolley, Catherineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boodell, PatriciaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Magnusen, BobIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In Cape Cod, Ginnie and Geneva spend the summer trying to recover an old doll that has mysteriously disappeared.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,325,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible