Whatever Happened to Amelia Earhart? by…

Whatever Happened to Amelia Earhart?

by Melinda Blau

The life and accomplishments of Amelia Earhart. It tells you everything she has done and what leads up to her disappearance. It has all the theories that people have about her disappearance.
I really wanted to read this book because I wanted to learn more about Amelia Earhart. I knew she was the lady who just vanished but wanted to know more and this book did exactly that. I learned what she was like and why she wanted to fly over the Atlantic and eventually around the world.
This book could be used to teach more about Amelia Earhart. It could also be used to teach about the other famous pilots like the Wright brothers. They could also learn about planes and how they have changed through time. They could also come up with their own theories of what they think happened to her.
  kwangme81 | Apr 18, 2009 |
This book starts with a story about little Amelia Earhart and her daredevil impulses. She helped create a homemade roller coaster and quickly volunteers to go first. After a spill, she jumps up and tries again to make it all the way to the finish. Her life is characterized by bold choices. She loved adventure and wanted to see stories written about adventurous women, not just adventurous men. The first time she saw an airplane, Amelia was unimpressed. However, after Amelia’s first ride on an airplane she was addicted! She loved the freedom flying presented. She learned to fly quickly and she flew very well. The book ends by discussing various theories of Amelia’s disappearance including one that said she was a spy. Of course, we still cannot be certain of the exact reason of her disappearance, but that just makes the story even more interesting.

I like the story of Amelia Earhart. This book has some interesting stories from Amelia’s life. It is little older, but it does have some pictures of Amelia that are interesting. This is a good and interesting story because of Amelia, not necessarily because of the author inventiveness. I enjoy reading about Amelia Earhart, but this book could use a little updating.

I would use this story in a unit about occupations. Amelia Earhart pushed the envelope and did something no other women had ever done, simply because she had a passion. She refused to stop following her dreams because of others opinions. You could also use this story to discuss women in history or aviation history. ( )
  MDees | Nov 22, 2008 |

A biography of the woman who set many records as a pilot. Discusses the mystery surrounding her disappearance while attempting to fly around the world.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible