Wedded Bliss by Barbara Metzger

Wedded Bliss

by Barbara Metzger

A hilarious regency romp! ( )
  zannerina | Oct 21, 2013 |
Alissa Henning is a widow with very little means to support herself and her two young sons. Robert Rothmore, Earl of Rockford, is a widower twice over with a son from each of his wives. When his spinster sister runs off with the thieving bailiff of his Rock Hill estate he rides there to find out where his youngest son is. When he finds William ensconced with Alissa, Rockford mistakenly believes she is, at the most dastardly, holding William hostage for money or, at the least, extorting money from the estate to care for him, he proceeds to make a spectacular ass of himself much to the amusement of the reader. The relationship that follows is full of ups and downs and great entertainment. For us.

I have yet to read a Barbara Metzger story I didn’t enjoy very much and this one is no exception. Well-written with a fast-moving plot and well-developed characters it’s a humorous historical love story told from both POVs. Oh, how I love to see the flawed hero squirm and the strong heroine stand up for herself. The chase scene at the end was a wee bit over the top, but I’ll forgive it as it was still funny. I look forward to my next Metzger read.

*Many thanks to Untreed Reads for providing me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Mar 22, 2013 |
A new beginning and a new baby. This one is for Andrew David Siegal with love
There ought to be a rule, Rockford decided.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451208595, Mass Market Paperback)

Robert Rothmore, Earl of Rockford, thinks Alissa Henning is simply delightful-exactly the kind of woman who'd make the perfect mother for his sons. But Alissa swore she'd spend the rest of her life scraping pennies together rather than wed the insufferable earl and become a glorified governess. Still, she couldn't very well let her own children starve-and there was no doubt that Rockford would give them all a good life. So she reluctantly accepts his offer...but there's more to a good life than what's in one's pockets. And Alissa intends to find out what's in her new husband's heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:19 -0400)

Can an inconvenient bride convince her groom that love is more important than convenience? Robert Rothmore, Earl of Rockford, thinks Alissa Henning is simply delightful--exactly the kind of woman who'd make the perfect mother for his sons. But Alissa swore she'd spend the rest of her life scraping pennies together rather than wed the insufferable earl and become a glorified governess. Still, she couldn't very well let her own children starve--and there was no doubt that Rockford would give them all a good life. So she reluctantly accepts his offer...but there's more to a good life than what's in one's pockets. And Alissa intends to find out what's in her new husband's heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible