The Kite Flyer by Rose Tremain

The Kite Flyer

by Rose Tremain

classic (1) classics (1) D3s (1) fiction (4) little books (1) read (1) small (1)

For those not in the know this is a tiny little pocket book that could easily slip into a Birthday card envelope and be off to a friend or loved one without much more postage needed. That is not to say it is an insubstantial read, or that I didn't love it.

The stories do not appear to be connected, but share the silvery thread of presenting a sense of honesty in writing. I prefer to let you decide for yourself which story to favor, so I will not try to influence you. All three are little gems, and surely one will suit you best over the others, I read it in full in the space of an hour....while holding up my eyelids with as much force as my wee face could possibly muster whence my body willed me to sleep. It was that good. Okay I will say it, I preferred the last one most . Rose Tremain has a nice style of writing down bits of life's curious wonders. I'll leave the rest, the spoiler parts, to other reviewers. I will be reading this author again.
EnJoy!

~dreaming ( )
  DreamingTikay | Apr 10, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible