Elizabeti's Doll by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen

Elizabeti's Doll

by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen

A story about Elizabeti, a girl who observes her mother taking care of her baby brother, and she takes care of a stone as a doll. I would use this book in my class because students can learn some information about African. It is suitable for third graders. ( )
  LinWang | Apr 3, 2017 |
This book is about a girl called Elizabeti who used a rick as a doll, and take care of it like her mom did to her younger brother. This story is really interesting to read, and students can get some information about Africa, so I would like to use this book in my teaching. This book is good for low graders to read. ( )
  CNKE94297 | Mar 26, 2017 |
This picture book is a very cute book for children and adults and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really enjoyed this story because of the language the author uses and the illustrations. The text the author uses along with the language makes the story every enjoyable and I fell in love with what the message of the story is. The language allows to give a good message to people who read this story. For example, at the beginning is says Elizabeti had a new baby brother named Obedi. Elizabeti watched Mama take care of him and she wanted to care for her own baby. Throughout the story, everything that Mama did for baby Obedi, Elizabeti would do to her rock which she pretended to be her baby. At the end of the story, the text says Mama covered Elizabeti and Eva with a blanket. She smiled and thought that, one day, Elizabeti would make a fine mother. Eva thought so too. The text involves you so much and it brought me back to my childhood when I always used to play with baby dolls. The story goes through the basic needs of what a child needs and how children watch their parents and learn from them. The illustrations match perfectly with the text on each page and gives you a very clear visual of what is going on in the story. Even if the story didn’t have text along with the illustrations, people reading the book could figure out what was happening just from the illustrations. I really love the message that this story gives off to readers. The message that children learn from watching and doing what their parents do. So parents need to really watch what they do and say in front of their children. ( )
  kmassa3 | Mar 12, 2017 |
Elizabeti's Doll is the first sequel to Mama's Elizabeti. In this story Elizabeti lives with her little brother and her mother. Elizabeti observes her mother taking care of her baby brother, Obedi, and mimics her by getting a rock as a doll, naming her Eva. Elizabeti does the exact same thing that her mother does for her little brother as well as the chores around the house. One day, Elizabeti cannot find Eva, until one evening, when she was heating the pot of rice for dinner over the pit. (which is a pile of three stones) Elizabeti sees her rock and makes her mother take Eva from under the pot. This story is very cute because little girls ask their mothers for a doll so they can pretend to be the mother. ( )
  Neshia.Rowe | Oct 4, 2016 |
Her mom just had a baby causing her to feel left out. So she decides she will have a baby of her own, in the form of a rock.
  EvanColson | Mar 19, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 043921680X, Paperback)

The story of a young native girl who wants her own "baby" when her mother has another child. She adopts a "rock" and names it Eva. But Eva disappears, and now Elizabeti must find her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:26 -0400)

When a young Tanzanian girl gets a new baby brother, she finds a rock, which she names Eva, and makes it her baby doll.

Lee & Low Books

4 editions of this book were published by Lee & Low Books.

Editions: 1584300817, 1880000709, 1584300019, 1584300000

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,053,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible