Dead City by Shane Stevens

Dead City (1973)

by Shane Stevens

The Dark Half by Stephen King (jseger9000)
    jseger9000: In his afterward to The Dark Half, King explains that he took the character of Alexis Machine from Stevens' Dead City

A darn good read! Reminded me of the movie "The Godfather", only grittier and nastier! Charley Flowers and Harry Strega are two young guys trying to make a name for themselves in the mob, run by Joe Zucco. As their tales unwind, we meet a lot of "the gang" and witness some pretty harsh things go down. By the end, I was worn out!

And, an shout out to Stephen King for mentioning this book at the end of his novel, "The Dark Half"! I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did! Thanks Uncle Stevie! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Sep 10, 2015 |
Per John Fogarty...
e i picciotti di una certa età

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible