NRSV Spiritual Formation Bible by Timothy K.…

NRSV Spiritual Formation Bible

by Timothy K. Jones

This is truly the finest bible I have ever encountered. The margin notes and essays are really wonderful. They call me to examine myself and the scripture I am reading. I am drawn deeper in to the text and closer to the Divine.

In my Quaker meeting we call these kind of notes "queries". Questions without answers but that cause us to ponder more fully and explore more deeply our thoughts and feelings. It is sustaining and uplifting to meditate on these queries. They bring the bible alive.

With this bible I look forward to bible reading and what it will bring to my day and my life. I am saddened that it has fallen out of print. I do wish Zondervan would bring it back. I buy used copies whenever I see them to share with friends.

I have both the NIV translation as well as the NRSV. They are both terrific. I am hoping that it will be made available electronically so that I can carry it with me everywhere. I wish I could get this on my Kindle and iPad. It would be great to have it with me always.

I wish I knew how to contact Timothy K Jones to thank him for this fantastic resource. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |

- Helps people encounter God in a more personal and intimate way - Guides readers to experience God's presence through the senses, the imagination, and creative activity such as art and writing - Encourages Christians to meet God in seven areas: the Created Order, Everyday Life, Worship, Service, Prayer, Scripture, and Community - Also available in the New International Version Translation

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:57 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,983,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible