alligator pie by dennis lee

alligator pie (edition 2006)

by dennis lee

Member:msc16
Title:alligator pie
Authors:dennis lee
Info:Key Porter Books (2006), Paperback

Alligator Pie by Dennis Lee

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein (Cecrow)
    Cecrow: Pre-eminent children's poets in their respective countries.
    Where the Sidewalk Ends: Poems and Drawings by Shel Silverstein (Cecrow)
    Cecrow: Pre-eminent children's poets in their respective countries.

Summary: I didn't realize it before I checked this book out, but there are so many different poems written in it.
Personal Reaction: I think this book could be used for number of occasions. It has all different kinds of poems in it.
Classroom Extensions:
1. In the classroom, we could discuss the many different kinds of poems.
2. We could talk about our favorite poem in the book and why it was our favorite.
3. We could each write our own poem and share them with the rest of the class.
  kaseycook | Nov 9, 2017 |
Alligator Pie By Dennis Lee

This rhyming children's poetry book is full of silly stories. The interesting art work and the memorable rhymes is fun and easy for little children to comprehend.

Personal Reaction:

A very cute book of rhymes that makes me want to have and read more than once.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1) Use Alligator Pie as a song and dance time for class.
2) Use while teaching about the letter A. Have a worksheet after reading story with an alligator and a Letter A. ( )
  MollyG77 | Jul 21, 2017 |
This book has a poem about different stories. They mention modern things such as batman, which makes the poems more interesting to children. The illustrations are very fun and creative for the children to look at as well. The poems are very silly and not very serious, which I enjoyed as well. ( )
  Cheyene | May 2, 2017 |
This was my first poetry book I read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the first reasons I liked this was how easy the poems were to read. The flow and rhyming that many of the entries had were engaging but easy enough for a young child to comprehend. This would be a great introductory poetry book for students because of how each is written out. I also enjoyed the illustrations that went along with the poems. Although not much detail was given in them, the pictures went along perfectly with the poems and gave just enough for the children to have something fun to look at. ( )
  cdovel1 | Nov 14, 2016 |
This book has many amazing poems that were so well written. I would say they would be meant for a younger age and great to read before bed! The poems are a bit more contemporary and quirky, but make it more interesting and a different read for most. I would definitely recommend to read. ( )
  celinebrazeal | Nov 9, 2016 |

Dennis Leeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Newfeld, FrankIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0770511937, Hardcover)

Thirty-seven nonsense verses on a variety of topics include "Thinking In Bed," "On Tuesdays I Polish My Uncle," and "Billy Batter."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,570,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible