Creative Home Schooling: A Resource Guide…

Creative Home Schooling: A Resource Guide for Smart Families

by Lisa Rivero

An exhaustive (and exhausting) guide to homeschooling your gifted child. The book spends a long time defining what giftedness is and the traits gifted children possess, then discusses various methods of homeschooling in depth, with helpful lists of resources. Despite the book having been published over ten years ago (in 2002), nearly all the web links provided still worked. After reading this book, I feel much more confident of my ability to build a suitable curriculum for my child. ( )
  datrappert | Dec 1, 2013 |
I'm re-reading this right now. Best HS book I've ever read, at least as far as our family situation goes. ( )
  beckydj | Mar 30, 2013 |
This is a great resource for the homeschool educator of a high-ability student. It covers all the basics of homeschool planning such as curriculum and documentation, but it also addresses the special needs of gifted students. ( )
  smbmom | Sep 29, 2007 |

For a comprehensive guide to home-based education, that does not promote any particular curriculum or religious view, this is one book parents should buy!

Parents will appreciate practical advice on getting started, adjusting to new roles, designing curriculum that is both child-centered and fun, and planning for social and emotional growth. Parents will turn to their favorite chapters again and again.

Features interviews and tips from many homeschool parents as well as long lists of resources.

-Reasons to home-school

-How gifted children learn

-Positive changes for the family

-"Big Ideas" thematic approach

-Traditional and classical approaches

-Curriculum resources

-Record keeping

-College planning

-How to get started

-Interviews with parents

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,402,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible