Gorgeous Carat Galaxy by You Higuri

Gorgeous Carat Galaxy

by You Higuri

In this late addition to the action adventure historical series about the aristocrat, Ray Balzac Corland, who is a loan shark by day and a jewel thief by night we get a new story in a pleasingly long, oversized (as it is published by June) format.

I just recently discovered the Gorgeous Carat series and have really enjoyed it. The only disappointment here was that I kind of expected a resolution to the series, which was unfortunately not the case. Although there is hope that it left open the potential the manga-ka would write more stories with these fascinating characters, I'm not entirely sure this will ever happen.

As usual, the artistry is very well done and the facial expressions, particularly Florian's, are wonderful. Also as usual the story follows the pattern of Florian being in peril making you wonder if Ray is right and the guy is just a magnet for trouble.

All in all a very pleasing entry into the series, but not anything like a conclusion. I also have to add that this series and in particular, this manga, is NOT yaoi. There is nothing but subtle hints that Ray and Florian might have stronger feelings for each other. At the most I'd say this is in the realm of very light shounen-ai. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Jul 20, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,453,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible