The Confession by Beverly Lewis

Oh my goodness, so excellent. 2nd in the series (after The Shunning) & so engrossing I read it in 2 nites. Need to re-read some tonight; stayed awake so long last nite I could hardly see, & want to 1) make sure I didn't miss anything & 2) savor. Girl has been shunned, now goes off to find her (dying) birth mother. Finds her, finds an imposter/daughter, gets it all untangled. Back in Amish country her mom/family are sick without her, & back further, turns out dead boyfriend is not dead, & is, in fact, coming back. So can't wait to read #3, The Reckoning. -- One of the best Amish books I've read. One part that turned me off is a bit of proselytizing, "do you know Jesus died for you", just you, etc. But overall an excellent, excellent, read. Love it. ( )
  JeanetteSkwor | Aug 2, 2017 |
love this book ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
I found this one to be a bit more interesting than the first. I can't wait for the last one!! Finally I'll get to the love story :) ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
The audio book was wonderful, just as the The Shunning had been. The book had an interesting plot and I was kept in suspense the entire time. One problem I did have with this book was with the lack of organization of the characters, and how they kept interrupting each other throughout the chapters. Perhaps it would have been better had each character their own chapter. I'm still looking forward to listening to the third and last of the series, The Reckoning. ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764204645, Paperback)

Shunned and alone among strangers, Katie sets out to find her birth mother. A new look for this bestseller. Heritage of Lancaster County book 2.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

Katie Lapp's identity had been shattered the moment she found the satin baby dress in the attic of her parents Amish home. Painfully torn from her close-knit community in the frightening ordeal called the shunning, Katie - now Katherine Mayfield - sets out to find the ailing birth mother she has never known. Her journey takes her to the peaceful home of Lydia Miller, where electric lights and telephones sets Katherine's mind whirling with "fancy" things, and on to the elaborate Bennett estate in the Finger Lakes region of New York. There she stumbles into a world of compassion and greed, mercy and betrayal - where the plain garb of the Amish is misused to disguise an evil conspiracy. Unknown to Katherine, her first love, Daniel, is taking appropriate steps to return to his Amish family - and to her. But their worlds may have drifted too far apart to bridge... Shunned from her home and alone in a world of strangers, Katherine Mayfield longs only for the gentle, loving embrace of the woman she hopes to call Mother.… (more)

Bethany House

2 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764204645, 0764211110

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible