Rin! (1) by Satoru Kannagi

Rin! (1)

by Satoru Kannagi

Series: Rin! (1)

I love this series, i couldn't put it down!! I got 4 of my friends in to yaoi manga. They didn't even know what yaoi was. I wish there was more of this series. ( )
  koopa752 | Jun 6, 2011 |
When Katsura was five years old he tried out his brother's bike, only to have tragedy strike in the form of his father risking his own life to save his child. While at the hospital Katsura was offered comfort by his older brother's best friend, Sou. Ever since then whenever Katsura needed to have his anxiety eased, he would turn to Sou for a "squeeze" to help calm his nerves. Even now that Katsura is a Junior and Sou, his Sempai and archery instructor, he still finds comfort in Sou's embrace. But when Katsura's fellow classman and teammate, Kouichi, makes advances towards him his past relationship with Sou unalterably changes as they both realize that the relationship they had shared in the past, has now transformed into something much different.

I really enjoyed this interesting boy's love story. Although Sou was a bit of a snot at first, his personal epiphanies showed how much he had relied on his relationship with Katsura, although everyone had assumed that it was the other way around. I also liked how Katsura's older brother empathized with his younger sibling. Generally it was nice to see a family that cared so much about each other, even the mother who was mostly absent during the course of the story.

A nice, simplistic drawing style rounds out the manga and overall I felt this was a midline story, not too graphic, but not totally innocent either. I'm happy to have read it and look forward to reading the other two volumes. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Aug 30, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,317,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible