Safe at Home with Pooh (Disney's My…

Safe at Home with Pooh (Disney's My Very First Winnie the Pooh)

by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Aug 24, 2017 |
Summary: Safe at home with pooh is a book about Christopher robins safety rules. He is going to his grandmas house and has been taught some new rules to stay safe. He then teaches pooh and piglet the rules so they can stay safe too.

Personal reaction: I really like this book and how it teaches safety rules. As a child my parents had their own set of rules for my sister and I to stay safe. When I have my own classroom and students I will have set rules so it will be a safe learning environment.

Classroom extensions: I think it would be good for students to make a list of safety rules that they know. They could list some that they use at home or that they think they should start using. It would be a good lesson and helpful to remind them to stay safe.
  meaganamadon | Sep 9, 2015 |
ISBN 0717288676 - Message books from Winnie the Pooh doesn't strike me as a good idea. Pooh is fun, funny, silly... not an overly bright sort and no one's moral compass. I am happy to tell you that author Zoehfeld did a great job staying true to who Pooh is and still managed to convey an important message for young readers about strangers.

Christopher Robin comes across Pooh and Piglet as he's leaving the Hundred Acre Wood, alone!, to visit his grandmother. The pair expresses concern, but Christopher Robin assures them that he's been learning the Stay-Safe Rules. He teaches Pooh and Piglet that the most important rules is not to talk to strangers, then he explains strangers to them. Once he has left, Pooh and Piglet go to Pooh's for supper and, while there, they hear noises outside. Frightened, and worried that it may be a stranger, they peer out to find Gopher, who joins them. When more noises disturb them, Pooh calls out to find out who is at the door. It's Christopher Robin and he congratulates Pooh on learning one Stay-Safe rule all on his own: Always make sure you the person at your door before you open it.

The last page is made up of a list of Christopher Robin's Stay-Safe Rules, all common sense to adults but definitely things kids need to learn. Pooh and friends offer a nice way to teach those rules, and Pooh's and Piglet's fears are something kids can relate to easily. The illustrations, by Robbin Cuddy, are perfect Disney - bright and colorful, even in the scary moments. Get it and start teaching your kid those Stay-Safe Rules!

- AnnaLovesBooks ( )
  AnnaLovesBooks | Sep 15, 2008 |

This books teaches children to becareful of strangers in a charming and delightful way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

Christopher Robin teaches Pooh and Piglet some of the safety rules regarding strangers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible