Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm by Joy Cowley

Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm

by Joy Cowley

Other authors: Elizabeth Anne Fuller (Illustrator)

This book is about an old lady’s farm. Her farm animals escaped and got dirty so they had to clean them. I liked this book because I have always wanted to be on a farm. I love animals. The reading levels for this book are first grade through fourth grade.
  ShaneKadrmas | May 5, 2017 |
In this board book Mrs. wishy washy owns a barn with a goose, cow, and pig. They keep getting dirty in the mud, and Mrs. wishy washy keeps having to clean them one by one. In the end they get clean but just end up jumping back into the mud. ( )
  Paige.2010 | Mar 17, 2017 |
Summary:
Mrs. Wishy -Washy's Farm is about a lady who lives on a farm and has farm animals. She gives the cow, pig, and duck a bath, and they don't like it at all. They get the idea to run away to the city thinking it will be better. When they get to the city they can tell it is not where they belong, and no one is there to take care of them. The three animals get caught in a hardware store looking for food and get taken to the animal jail. Mrs. Wishy- Washy comes to pick them up and take them home. When they get back to the farm, they have to get a bath again. Only this time the cow, pig, and duck are happier than ever to take a bath and be home where they belong.

Personal Reaction:
I really enjoyed this book myself. My fiance is a farmer and it is our whole lives so I always love books about farm animals. I think the children would really like this book as well.

Classroom Extensions:
1. You could discuss all the different animals that live on a farm.
2. You could discuss all the different farm chores that farmers have to do to take care of the animals.
3. You could go on a field trip to a local farm and learn from the people who live like that.
  KristenLaSorsa | Jan 28, 2015 |
Summary:
This book is about Mrs. Wishy-Washy and her farm. She has a tub that she uses to clean her animals. She begins to was the cow and he cries about getting soap in his eyes. She then washes the pig and all he does is squeal. She then proceeds to was the duck but all he does is complain about having suds in his feathers and an aching back. When she is done the cow, duck, and the pig tell her they are leaving and will never be back. The animals then head off as they wander where they will go. The pig says we will go to the city where the barns are big. The cow and duck realize that the city is too big with nowhere to rest or feed. They all three walk into a barn with lots of food on tables, but they are then told by the cook to get out. The animals are then caught by the animal jail and they are taken back to the farm where they are excited to get a bath.

Personal:
I thought the book was cute. The animals looked real. I thought it would be a great book for young children.

Extension:
1. I could use this to talk about farm animals.
2. I could talk about how important it is to stay clean. ( )
  Shifflett2009 | Oct 29, 2012 |
Wishy-Washy is about trying to keep the barn animals clean, but they love getting dirty! The book is relatable to children, and teaches them that they take baths just like the barnyard animals! I would read this book to early elementary children because its an easy read and very repetitious ( )
  RachelPeterson | Oct 2, 2012 |

Joy Cowleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fuller, Elizabeth AnneIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Uh-oh. Mrs. Wishy-Washy is at it again. Rubbing and scrubbing all the animals on the farm. But this time they aren't standing for it. Duck, Cow, and Pig are leaving mean old Mrs. Wishy-Washy for good!

They run away to the big city. But they get lost, wander into a restaurant, and even stumble into a hardware store and get covered in paint! Where is Mrs. Wishy-Washy when they need her? Maybe her farm isn't so bad after all . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:21 -0400)

Tired of being washed by Mrs. Wishy-Washy, a cow, pig, and duck leave her farm and head for the city.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible