Anything for You by John Wallace

Anything for You

by John Wallace

Charlie would do anything to help this mother. He tried to help Mama clean up the house, but all he did was make a bigger mess. While Charlie was in the tub he told his mom everything he would do for her. Draw her a picture, give her all of his money, and even get into bed. He slowly closed his eyes for Mama and drifted to sleep.

I read this story to our class at naptime. It was an appropriate book for that time of day. It seemed to calm the students down as they laid on their cots. This is also a excellent story of a mother-son bond. It's a very sweet book.

As an extension we done some dictated writing. The children had a paper with the title "Anything for you". They each drew picture of something they would do for their mother/caregiver, and told us what it was so we could write it on the page. We posted them in our room, they were really cute!
  coko_1982 | Sep 16, 2009 |

Little Charlie would do anything for his mama. He would smile his biggest smile for her, draw a special picture for her, and he'd even let her be his best friend! So when it's time for bed and Mama asks him to snuggle down, shut his eyes, and sleep tight for her, Little Charlie is happy to say, "I'd do anything for you, Mama!"

John Wallace's gentle story and Harry Horse's sweet illustrations capture the special love between a mother and a child in this perfect bedtime book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:21 -0400)

Little Charlie the bear cub says he would do anything for his mother and proves it to her when bedtime arrives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,368,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible