Gatsby's Girl by Caroline Preston

Gatsby's Girl

by Caroline Preston

Ok book. Very frivolous character but good story. ( )
  Alphawoman | Feb 13, 2015 |
A fairly well-written novel about the "what-ifs" of our youth, and specifically of "Scott" Fitzgerald's first love. Ginerva is a thoroughly unlikeable character and historical personage, so I do not and still do not understand her pride at being showcased in Fitzgerald's novels (as unlikeable women). However, it was a very entertaining read and one I would probably read again. ( )
  amandacb | Jul 1, 2013 |
Rating: B+. Read my full review at my blog, http://literaturecrazy.blogspot.com/2008/10/book-review-gatsbys-girl.html. ( )
  heathernkemp | Oct 31, 2008 |
Ginevra King was a rich young girl from Chicago who stole the heart of F. Scott Fitzgerald. It doesn't take long before she is head over heals in love with another and dumps poor Scott. This is a story basically about Ginevra life after Scott. Very interesting story. ( )
  KathyWoodall | May 29, 2007 |
In this fictionalized version of what the romance between F. Scott Fitzgerald and his first love might have been like, the author imagines the life of the woman whose characteristics inspired some individuals in Fitzgerald’s works. Although portions of this life story are based in reality, the author uses her imagination to fill in the gaps that exist in the romance.

I liked this book a lot. I’m no huge Fitzgerald fan, so I didn’t have much knowledge of his real life to compare with the book’s information, but it was a nice, quick read. The story was cute, interesting, quasi historical. What’s not to like?
  libmhleigh | Jun 1, 2006 |

Before he wrote some of the twentieth century's greatest fiction, before he married Zelda, F. Scott Fitzgerald loved Ginevra, a fickle young Chicago socialite he met during the winter break from Princeton. But Ginevra threw over the soon-to-be-famous novelist, and the rest is literary history. Ginevra would be the model for many of Fitzgerald's coolly fascinating but unattainable heroines, including the elusive object of Jay Gatsby's unrequited love, Daisy Buchanan.

In this captivating and moving novel, Caroline Preston imagines what life might have been like for Fitzgerald's first love, following Ginevra from her gilded youth as the daughter of a tycoon through disillusioned marriage and motherhood. An engrossing fictional portrait, Gatsby's Girl deftly explores the relationship between a famous author and his muse.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:08 -0400)

When the Quidditch World Cup is disrupted by Voldemort's rampaging supporters alongside the resurrection of the terrifying Dark Mark, it is obvious to Harry that, far from weakening, Voldemort is getting stronger. The ultimate signal to the magic world of the Dark Lord's return would be the defeat of the one and only survivor of his death curse, Harry Potter. So when Harry is entered for the prestigious yet dangerous Triwizard Tournament, he knows that rather than win it, the pressure is on to succeed. But Harry does not realise that he will soon face a horrifying fate ...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,159,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible