Crazy Wild by Tara Janzen

This action/adventure pits the good guys against the bad guys with romance as one of its mainstays. Fun read! ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 5, 2016 |
headless woman cover
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Overall Rating: 4.95 // Action: 5 / Emotion: 5 / Romance: 4 / Sensuous: 3.75 / Suspense: 4 // Laughter: 8 / Tears: 4

Tara Janzen wrote another winner in "The Steele Street Series." *Crazy Wild* is about another hunky, tormented, alpha hero who saved an intelligent, beautiful heroine. Action enthusiasts will enjoy all the adventures the protagonists face. Emotional enthusiasts will shed tears and become involved in the hero and heroine's angst. Suspense lovers will be on the edge of their seat wondering how Creed is going to save Cody from such an un-save-able, un-fix-able situation. And although it took a while for them to get there, the sensuality and romance was hot, yet healing.

Am anxious to get to the next book of the series. See Wolf Bear Does Books (http://goo.gl/zFYbX) for a more in-depth, detailed review of *Crazy Wild*. ( )
  Vonda_M_Reid | May 28, 2012 |
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

This is the third instalment of Tara Janzen’s humorous and entertaining ‘James Bond’ meets ‘The Fast and the Furious’ romantic suspense series. The books can be read as standalones – more or less – but the series is one big crazy ride and it’s best to start at the beginning.

The cast of characters are a bunch of former car thieves and street kids who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks in Denver. They received their education stealing, suping up and racing muscle cars, but have been reformed and now work for a secret government agency, saving the world on a daily basis. The premise is crazy, and the timeframes of the books are very short: anything from a few hours to a couple of days. And while the world is being saved of course the hero and heroine manage to form a steamy relationship and find a happy ending.

It all sounds ridiculous, which is exactly why it’s so much fun.

Creed Rivera was a shadowy, messed-up character in the last book, and his story in this one is indeed a bit darker than the two preceding it. Cody is also someone with a lot of demons. Janzen writes appealing characters, and every man she writes is a dream come true.

The book is nonstop action from start to finish, and I ended up reading it in one sitting. There’s nowhere in the story to put it down and take a break; it’s like watching an action film where everything’s happening at once. However for most of it the romance is minimal compared to the first two, which was a little surprising. Janzen writes excellent action, and this story will have you hanging from rooftops in the snow and racing around the streets in insanely loud and fast cars. Everyone from Iranian buyers for the Taliban to monstrous German hired thugs is running wild everywhere from Denver’s public library to a rave party in a collapsing building.

It worked for me.

As with her other Crazy series entries, Janzen has a tendency to visit or revisit too many other characters for too much of the book, thus taking the limelight away from the main pair. That said, the focus was much better in this one, with all of the characters contributing to the same plotline. Dylan and Skeeter have their own book later in the series, but their messed-up and confusing relationship was fun to read about here.

Luckily I haven’t met a Steele Street superhero I haven’t liked, so I don’t mind too much when we jump around a bit. However I didn’t feel I got to know Creed and Cody in their book as well as I knew Quinn and Regan in ‘Crazy Hot’ or Christian and Katya in ‘Crazy Cool’. The past couples knew each other before the stories began, which made their rushed relationships believable. Janzen had to work harder here to convince me Creed and Cody loved each other. I think she did a respectable job of it, but I still would have liked some more time with them.

This series is not perfect, but has a certain appeal I’ve not come across before in romantic suspense. The books are unashamedly fun, and happy to be as over the top as they want to be. What makes them all really, truly work are the characters.

VERDICT:
So far I haven’t read a Steele Street book I haven’t loved, and Crazy Wild is an excellent addition to the series. If you need a rest from your serious reading, there are worse stories to engross yourself in than this one, with a superhero and his smart yet vulnerable charge running from terrorists, their friends and the CIA around the streets of downtown Denver. Tara Janzen always provides a great escape. ( )
  ZosiaCanberra | Dec 15, 2010 |
Yay! The first non-blonde (though she first appears - in sexy form - as a blonde. Sigh) gets the hot guy! And she's a librarian! Yay! ( )
  kayceel | Mar 24, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440242606, Mass Market Paperback)

It’s a long way from the jungles of Colombia to a Colorado library, where Special Forces operative Creed Rivera is staking out one of the world’s most dangerous women. With her prim librarian looks, Cordelia “Cody” Stark doesn’t look like a nuclear arms broker. But nabbing her is Creed’s latest mission–until a trio of thugs shows up and he’s suddenly forced to play hero....

Armed with secrets that could ignite a global inferno, Cody was already running out of places to hide. And now a hotshot government agent has blown her cover by throwing himself between her and certain death. Trusting the hero who just saved her life is not an option. Resisting him is something else entirely. And when bullets start to fly, a man and a woman running out of time are gearing up for the wildest adventure of their lives….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:00 -0400)

It's a long way from the jungles of Colombia to a Colorado library, where Special forces operative Creed Rivera is staking out one of the world's most dangerous women. With her prim librarian looks, Cordelia 'Cody' Stark doesn't look like a nuclear arms broker. But nabbing her is Creed's latest mission - until a trio of thugs shows up and he's suddenly forced to play hero...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,392,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible