I'm Small and Other Verses by Lilian Moore

I'm Small and Other Verses

by Lilian Moore

This poem book focuses a lot on the different senses. Some poems go into detail about the whether, the feel of sand or an arm that has fallen asleep, and sight. They are short, simple poems that make it easy for young readers to read and follow along. ( )
  rmwinter | Apr 30, 2017 |
Delightful original rhymes; accessible but not pap. I especially liked:

Which?

And which,
Oh which,
would be more fun? ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This book of poems focuses around kids and how they experience or feel about certain things. This could be how they are small, the first to walk in new snow, finger paint, or even grow. We as readers get to see many different ethnic groups, cultures, and feelings through these poems. The author uses many different styles of writing through this book, but rhyme stood out to me most. I believe that many times we associate young children's poetry with rhyming and this is why she chose to do this. She wanted us to be able to connect that these were younger children's outlooks on situations. ( )
  mlanford3 | Feb 23, 2016 |
This is a book of verses! The book explains what it feels like to be the first to walk in the snow, what it feels like to sneeze, and what it feels like to grow, and plenty more. Many children would enjoy reading this book because they can relate to the children in the book. This book shows that every child can get along. We are all equal! Children are innocent to ethnicity until they are introduced to it. ( )
  kfisher524 | Nov 23, 2014 |
To run and play with your best friend once you learn how to walk is a fun book to read for your chiid
this book come from Pierce College
age 1 and 2
  xiomaragrace12 | Oct 28, 2013 |

Whether you’re small or not so small, the moods and moments in Lilian Moore’s 18 poems—charmingly illustrated by Jill McElmurry—will feel familiar, and ring true.

How does it feel to be the first person to walk in the newly fallen snow? To run and play with your best friend? To eat a sticky spoonful of peanut butter? To know you’re about to sneeze? Nostalgic yet timeless, and illustrated in joyous detail by Jill McElmurry, this collection of verses by renowned poet Lilian Moore captures and celebrates the voice, and spirit, of childhood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

A collection of very short poems, including "Snowsuit," "Alone," and "I Like Peanut Butter."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,405,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible