Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at…

Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War

by Bill Whittle

(Alistair) And most recent in my non-fiction reading, Silent America, a book of fourteen of Bill Whittle's essays reprinted from his weblog, Eject! Eject! Eject!.

This is a marvellous book, I think. Clear, well-reasoned, thoughts in a well-written and eloquently accessible form. (Despite the unfortunate occasionally unresisted partisan shot, which I will admit does detract slightly from the book for those not inclined to such, which notwithstanding those I think would be interesting reading for those of all reasonable political persuasions.) I found the essays therein spoke to me - moved me - when I first read them on his weblog, such so that I had to obtain this paper edition as a permanent addition to my library. Most highly recommended.

(The formatting's a bit crunchy in parts in the transfer to book from web, and might have done with somewhat more stringent proofreading in parts too, but this's only the most minor of minor criticisms.)
( http://weblog.siliconcerebrate.com/cerebrate/2007/11/silent-america-bill-whittle... ) ( )
  libraryofus | Nov 21, 2007 |

From the pages of Eject! Eject! Eject!, one of the most influential of the new-media weblogs -- or "blogs" -- comes a book of essays that captures the American heartbeat. SILENT AMERICA: ESSAYS FROM A DEMOCRACY AT WAR has been read by hundreds of thousands of people online. Now you can own the collection that has been called "required reading for every high school and college in America." HONOR. EMPIRE. STRENGTH. MAGIC. HISTORY. FREEDOM... fourteen powerful essays on the American spirit. Join the thousands who have laughed, and cried, and who have found in SILENT AMERICA the words they have been searching for to describe the wonder and pride they feel for America.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:59 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,408,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible