Faith of My Fathers by Lynn Austin

Faith of My Fathers (2006)

by Lynn Austin

This was a great series written by Lynn Austin. I would highly recommend reading it to everyone and anyone. This helps explain the culture, mindset, lifestyle, etc. Historical fiction explaining the Book of Isaiah. ( )
  Tigereye33 | May 24, 2013 |
I tried to explain the subject matter of this book to someone and the closest I could come is that it's a creative fictionalization of the Biblical story of Manessah (and, to some extent, his father and Joshua). Since Kings doesn't have much detail on Manessah's life (there are only a few verses about him after all), you know there's a lot of creative liberty taken, but it's actually surprisingly suspenseful. The events unfold as one would imagine they would.

I think one of the most enjoyable parts is that it wasn't really predictable. Well, ultimately we know what happens, but within the story we never know. Unlike "regular" fiction where the main character always "wins" or at least survives, we don't know that from this story. God might be merciful but that doesn't mean that his people necessarily survive their "tests".

If one wanted to learn more about Biblical history, this would be an excellent way to do that since there are Biblical references/verses threaded throughout. ( )
  crazybatcow | Feb 18, 2011 |
The continuing story of King Hezekiah ( )
  CoraJoanBurgett | Sep 2, 2008 |
The Lord is my strength and my song;

he has become my salvation.

He is my God, and I will praise him,

my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Exodus 15:2
"Come on, Joshua, just tell me the main points," twelve-year-old Manasseh pleaded.

Historical fiction series helping to understand the culture, mindset of people as written in The Bible - book of Isaiah.

Memorable Bible-Era Fiction From Award-Winning Author

King Manaseh and his friend Joshua were nurtured together in the faith of their godly fathers. but anger toward God smolders in Manasseh's heart after his father's unexpected death, and his insecurity makes him easy prey for the false claims of sorcery and divination.

When Joshua stands up for the truth, the battle lines are drawn, and Joshua must flee his life of privilege. Unable to understand why his boyhood friend has turned against him, and why he must stand alone in the face of such opposition, Joshua comes perilously close to losing his faith.

Can Joshua rescue the faithful remnant from Manasseh's persecution? Has it all gone too far..or will he rediscover his father's God?

Faith of My Fathers is a riveting story of intrigue, deception, danger, and suspense.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:43 -0400)

"Hezekiah's unexpected death puts his son in charge. The new king's angry heart puts him at odds with his best friend--drawing battle lines down the middle of their fathers' kingdom"--Provided by publisher.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible