Capitalism and freedom by Milton Friedman

Capitalism and freedom (1962)

by Milton Friedman

OberlinSWAP | Aug 1, 2015 |
Classic book on economics and politics. ( )
  antonio.velazquez | Jan 20, 2015 |
one of the most effective carriers of the torch of liberty.
  efeulner | May 2, 2014 |
I like Milton Friedman. This book is very dull however, maybe because I've already heard all the arguments. ( )
  SpaceyAcey | Sep 23, 2013 |
Supply Side Jesus ? ( )
  BakuDreamer | Sep 7, 2013 |
In this classic book, Capitalism and Freedom, Friedman presents his case for capitalism and why it's the best type of economic system for both freedom and prosperity.

To Janet and David and their contemporaries, who must carry the torch of liberty on its next lap
In my preface to the 1982 edition of this book, I documented a dramatic shift in the climate of opinion, manifested in the difference between the way this book was treated when it was first published in 1962, and the way my wife's and my subsequent book, Free to Choose, presenting the same philosophy, was treated when it was published in 1980.

Selected by the Times Literary Supplement as one of the "hundred most influential books since the war"

How can we benefit from the promise of government while avoiding the threat it poses to individual freedom? In this classic book, Milton Friedman provides the definitive statement of his immensely influential economic philosophy—one in which competitive capitalism serves as both a device for achieving economic freedom and a necessary condition for political freedom. The result is an accessible text that has sold well over half a million copies in English, has been translated into eighteen languages, and shows every sign of becoming more and more influential as time goes on.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:56 -0400)

How can we benefit from the promise of government while avoiding the threat it poses to individual freedom? In this classic book, the author provides the definitive statement of his economic philosophy--one in which competitive capitalism serves as both a device for achieving economic freedom and a necessary condition for political freedom.… (more)

217 wanted5 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,078,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible