The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

The Cinderella Deal (edition 2010)

by Jennifer Crusie

Member:Larou
Title:The Cinderella Deal
Authors:Jennifer Crusie
Info:Bantam (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Tags:2012-12, Romance

The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

English (34)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (35)
I loved this one! I listened to the audiobook for a week on my commute, so I know the experience might have been more favorable than reading the book itself because the narrator was fantastic, but this was a really fun story. There are so many very awful takes on this trope of "for work I liked about a relationship and now I'm stuck finding someone to pretend to be my fake significant other" but this was done very very well.

These two are very opposites attract. They make each other crazy at first... and continue to do so in smaller parts throughout the rest of the book. And I loved that--at base they stay two very different people, but they do each make some small sacrifices and changes to blend a little more with the other person in ways that doesn't destroy their own personhood. Part of the story is each of them recognizing and understanding the need to do that for one another but also figuring out where the line is between bending and blending versus losing part of their own important uniqueness.

This was just a fun story and it's great to see characters really grow and change. This was my first Crusie, but I'm definitely looking for more now. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
(122) ( )
  activelearning | Jun 2, 2015 |
As usual [a:Jennifer Crusie|19005|Jennifer Crusie|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1295982567p2/19005.jpg] wrote characters I fell in love with and romance that's engaging and fun despite their trials. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Funny story about a straight laced professor Linc who needs a fake fiance and asks a flighty artist Daisy. I enjoyed all the quirky characters even the pets and the fast paced plot had plenty of homey emotional moments as opposites gradually become friends.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
This book is the epitome of what I would call "brain candy." It portrays a fun story that makes you smile, the guy and girl fall in love like you want them to, nothing terrible happens to the characters except to get the flu, and soon you find that you've just spent your afternoon in ultimate girly-ness. While I appreciate this book as a fluff book when I want to read without having to think, I do wish it had a little more substance. ( )
  reading_els | May 9, 2014 |

Jennifer Crusieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boyce, SusanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cassen, MelodyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Homann, IrisÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Gelder, Cheriesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jack Andrew Smith,
a true hero and firefighter, and the best of all possible brothers.
ONE
The storm raged dark outside, the light in the hallway flickered, and Lincoln Blaise cast a broad shadow over the mailboxes, but it didn't matter.

Daisy Flattery is a free spirit with a soft spot for strays and a weakness for a good story. Why else would she agree to the outrageous charade offered by her buttoned-down workaholic neighbor, Linc Blaise? The history professor needs to have a fiancée in order to capture his dream job, and Daisy is game to play the role. But something funny happens on their way to the altar that changes everything. Now, with the midnight hour approaching, will Daisy lose her prince, or will opposites not only attract but live happily ever after?

Daisy Flattery agrees to pose as her neighbor's fiancée to help him get his dream job, but what will she be left with when the charade is over?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,426,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible