The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

The Cinderella Deal (edition 2010)

by Jennifer Crusie

Member:Larou
Title:The Cinderella Deal
Authors:Jennifer Crusie
Info:Bantam (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Tags:2012-12, Romance

The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

English (30)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (31)
This book is the epitome of what I would call "brain candy." It portrays a fun story that makes you smile, the guy and girl fall in love like you want them to, nothing terrible happens to the characters except to get the flu, and soon you find that you've just spent your afternoon in ultimate girly-ness. While I appreciate this book as a fluff book when I want to read without having to think, I do wish it had a little more substance. ( )
  reading_els | May 9, 2014 |
I find it interesting that of the 5 or so random romance novels I read in a year (using them as palate cleaners between heftier books), I would have picked this one up twice. Didn't remember it till a third of the way in, but I do like the character developments in this one. Both main characters learn to expand their self-conceptions and actually grow. Nice secondary characters, too.
Further interesting that I would have put it on a Wishlist collection 4 years or so ago. A romance? Must be LT influence going on. Somebody must have mentioned it. Crusie is a cut above the average in this genre. ( )
  2wonderY | Feb 10, 2014 |
I got some laughs here at the academic job premise, and I liked the painting sideline, but this one was a bit *too* silly for me.
  rmaitzen | Feb 7, 2014 |
Daisy Flattery is a free spirit, an artist with a penchant for adopting stray animals and telling stories that are “unreal but not untrue.” She couldn’t be more unlike her upstairs neighbor, Lincoln Blaise, a reserved academic who dreams of becoming a college professor. But fate brings Daisy and Linc together in a surprising way: Linc has just been interviewed for a great job at a small liberal-arts college, but the unspoken catch is that he needs a wife if he wants to get hired. Linc immediately invents a fiancée and offers Daisy money to pose as the lucky woman. Daisy doesn’t like Linc much, but she’s flat broke, so she accepts his proposal. But the more time they spend together, the more Daisy and Linc realize that their fake relationship might actually have a real future.

Is the premise of this book preposterous? Yes, yes it is…but this book was such a fun little read! Despite the incredibly familiar opposites-attract plot, this book seemed like a breath of fresh air to me. I just really loved both Daisy and Linc; despite appearances, they are both fundamentally kind, big-hearted people who are ready to take a chance on love. There’s a great mixture of romance and humor, and I think it would make a wonderful chick flick. I also enjoyed the book’s setting, which is primarily a small college town with plenty of quirky secondary characters. I would definitely recommend this book to people who are feeling grumpy or depressed — it’s an instant mood-lifter!
  christina_reads | May 9, 2013 |
I finished this book on a business trip at 1 a.m., thank goodness I have the internet to gush about how much I loved it. Jennifer Crusie has created some of my favorite characters, equal parts witty, crazy, and passionate. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |

Jennifer Crusieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boyce, SusanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cassen, MelodyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Homann, IrisÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Gelder, Cheriesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jack Andrew Smith,
a true hero and firefighter, and the best of all possible brothers.
ONE
The storm raged dark outside, the light in the hallway flickered, and Lincoln Blaise cast a broad shadow over the mailboxes, but it didn't matter.

Daisy Flattery is a free spirit with a soft spot for strays and a weakness for a good story. Why else would she agree to the outrageous charade offered by her buttoned-down workaholic neighbor, Linc Blaise? The history professor needs to have a fiancée in order to capture his dream job, and Daisy is game to play the role. But something funny happens on their way to the altar that changes everything. Now, with the midnight hour approaching, will Daisy lose her prince, or will opposites not only attract but live happily ever after?

Daisy Flattery agrees to pose as her neighbor's fiancée to help him get his dream job, but what will she be left with when the charade is over?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,359,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible