Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My…

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader (original 1967; edition 2010)

by Bill Martin, Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Member:kaylekatzung
Title:Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader
Authors:Bill Martin
Other authors:Eric Carle (Illustrator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:picture book, repetition

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Jr. Bill Martin (1967)

Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo? by Stella Blackstone (babyhomer)
    babyhomer: similar styles of simple repetitive texts
    I Went Walking by Sue Williams (conuly)
    conuly: Probably no need to have both, though.
    Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)
    Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin Jr. (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both are identical in terms of simplicity and rhythm.

English (508)  Spanish (1)  All (509)
A big happy frog, a plump purple cat, a handsome blue horse, and a soft yellow duck--all parade across the pages of this delightful book. Children will immediately respond to Eric Carle's flat, boldly colored collages. Combined with Bill Martin's singsong text, they create unforgettable images of these endearing animals.
  CassityE | Mar 20, 2017 |
A rhyming book where each page has a different animal chiming in to ask what the next animal will be.
  Amanda001 | Mar 19, 2017 |
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See is a great story for early childhood, early elementary aged students who are learning about color and animals. It's full of repetition and rhyming, so children can easily predict and follow along with the story. ( )
  MollyMcConaughey | Mar 17, 2017 |
A classic picture book with a predictable pattern that will have you child reading in no time! ( )
  Christopher_279 | Mar 15, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book very much as a child and continue to as a young adult. One reason why I really enjoy this children’s book is because the continuous repetition throughout the story. The rhymes are catchy and easy for kids to memorize. For example, throughout the book each animal state “What do you see? I see a ‘blank’ looking at me.” The structure of this book is also a good tool for student predictions. A fun way to engage the students is to have them guess what animal will be seen next. Another aspect of this book I really enjoy are the large and colorful illustrations. The book could be a reference when teaching animals and colors. For example, in the story the author write “Brown bear, brown bear what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me.” The story is very simple but also very engaging to students. Overall, I believe this book would be a great addition to a classroom. ( )
  OliviaLuppino | Mar 6, 2017 |

Bill Martin, Jr.primary authorall editionscalculated
Carle, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
Red bird, red bird, what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me.
Teacher,
Teacher,
What do you see?
I see...
I see a purple cat looking at me.
"Mother, mother, What do you see?" "I see beautiful children looking at me."

Brown Bear is one of all-time favorite stories to share with children. There is so many variations to present this book to children. I like to do the flannel board version and have the children bring an animal to the board as we read. I also like to sing it with the CD and then have the children sing it with me without the music. This book helps children identify animals and colors. Children love to hear this story at least once a week. Additionally the rhythmic tone and repetition is very soothing to young children. I think this is an excellent pre-school book that a teacher can use to increase language and pre-literacy skills.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0805047905, Board book)

The gentle rhyming and gorgeous, tissue-paper collage illustrations in this classic picture book make it a dog-eared favorite on many children's bookshelves. On each page, we meet a new animal who nudges us onward to discover which creature will show up next: "Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see? I see a green frog looking at me." This pattern is repeated over and over, until the pre-reader can chime in with the reader, easily predicting the next rhyme. One thing readers might not predict, however, is just what kinds of funny characters will make an appearance at the denouement! Children on the verge of reading learn best with plenty of identifiable images and rhythmic repetition. Eric Carle's good-humored style and colorful, bold illustrations (like those in The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug, and Have You Seen My Cat?) have earned him a prominent place in the children's book hall of fame. (Baby to Preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:06 -0400)

Children see a variety of animals, each one a different color, and a teacher looking at them.

117 wanted2 pay9 pay

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0140502963, 0241137292

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,265,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible