Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by…

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (original 1967; edition 2010)

by Jr. Martin, Bill, Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Title:Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Authors:Jr. Martin, Bill
Other authors:Eric Carle (Illustrator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:ETEC 545 - CSULB: Picture Book

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Jr. Bill Martin (1967)

Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo? by Stella Blackstone (babyhomer)
    babyhomer: similar styles of simple repetitive texts
    I Went Walking by Sue Williams (conuly)
    conuly: Probably no need to have both, though.
    Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)
    Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr. (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both are identical in terms of simplicity and rhythm.

A great book for kids who are learning the colors and animals. Would be great for the ages kindergartners
  Bennice21 | Nov 19, 2015 |
Great for teaching colors ( )
  jahmyia | Nov 17, 2015 |
Great book for learning to read. Children can look at the pictures and tell the story by themselves. ( )
  Blaire_Stewart | Nov 16, 2015 |
This is a great book for young kids! The art work is beautiful and colorful and throughout the story, and its an interaction story for the viewers. i think kids are kindergarten would love this. ( )
  CSansing | Nov 12, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book alot. The text was clear and age appropriate. It ryhmes so it is more fun and entertaining for kids. The pictures on each page were very vibrant which keeps the childs attention. It is a very simple book that is good for young children and it goes through and describes colors and different animals which helps build a childs vocabulary and identify colors and animals. There is no plot or story line but I think this is a great poetry book for young kids.
  jcooke7 | Nov 11, 2015 |

Bill Martin, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carle, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
Red bird, red bird, what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me.
What do you see?
I see...
I see a purple cat looking at me.
"Mother, mother, What do you see?" "I see beautiful children looking at me."

Brown Bear is one of all-time favorite stories to share with children. There is so many variations to present this book to children. I like to do the flannel board version and have the children bring an animal to the board as we read. I also like to sing it with the CD and then have the children sing it with me without the music. This book helps children identify animals and colors. Children love to hear this story at least once a week. Additionally the rhythmic tone and repetition is very soothing to young children. I think this is an excellent pre-school book that a teacher can use to increase language and pre-literacy skills.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0805047905, Board book)

The gentle rhyming and gorgeous, tissue-paper collage illustrations in this classic picture book make it a dog-eared favorite on many children's bookshelves. On each page, we meet a new animal who nudges us onward to discover which creature will show up next: "Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see? I see a green frog looking at me." This pattern is repeated over and over, until the pre-reader can chime in with the reader, easily predicting the next rhyme. One thing readers might not predict, however, is just what kinds of funny characters will make an appearance at the denouement! Children on the verge of reading learn best with plenty of identifiable images and rhythmic repetition. Eric Carle's good-humored style and colorful, bold illustrations (like those in The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug, and Have You Seen My Cat?) have earned him a prominent place in the children's book hall of fame. (Baby to Preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:06 -0400)

Children see a variety of animals, each one a different color, and a teacher looking at them.

122 wanted1 pay7 pay

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0140502963, 0241137292

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,888,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible