Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My…

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader (original 1967; edition 2010)

by Bill Martin, Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Member:Rfaulk
Title:Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader
Authors:Bill Martin
Other authors:Eric Carle (Illustrator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:children bear baby

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Jr. Bill Martin (1967)

Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo? by Stella Blackstone (babyhomer)
    babyhomer: similar styles of simple repetitive texts
    I Went Walking by Sue Williams (conuly)
    conuly: Probably no need to have both, though.
    Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)
    Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr. (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both are identical in terms of simplicity and rhythm.

good to help children with learning their colors by using the different pictures throughout the book. good for pre-k classes.
  bmm034 | Apr 30, 2015 |
This book has wonderful worth as a read-aloud teaching the sequence of events to young readers. It's illustrations are colorful and beautiful as well. ( )
  Kdd026 | Apr 30, 2015 |
This book is about what the animal is seeing. It identifies each animal with a color and then asks what do you see? It features a Brown Bear, Red Bird, Yellow Duck, Blue Horse, Green Frog, Purple Cat, White Dog, Black Sheep, a Goldfish, a Teacher or a Mother, and Students or Children. ( )
  ccampeaux | Apr 22, 2015 |
This book was colorful and easy to read. Children would love the pictures and you can teach
Colors, animals, and the repeating words “what do you see” and “looking at me” increases predictability and the children will learn how the words look.
  ztbesnah | Apr 22, 2015 |
Brow Bear Brown Bear What do you see was written by Bill Martin Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle. It was published in 1996 by Henry Holt and Co. This book is about all different animals and does a good job pulling the reader in by asking questions. This book would be a great book to read to little ones because the reader can ask the child the questions and get the child to answer. This book even promotes language and cognitive development.

Another great part of the book is the illustrations. The illustrations are by the well known illustrator Eric Carle and are fun and interesting to look at. They are the perfect touch for the book. When I read this book to the little girl I babysit she asked me to read it over and over again to her. Once I had read the book to her a few times she had basically memorized what each page said and started reading it to me. I think this says a lot about the book and how great it is. I strongly recommend reading this book. ( )
  MaryMariePearson | Apr 17, 2015 |

Bill Martin, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carle, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
Red bird, red bird, what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me.
Teacher,
Teacher,
What do you see?
I see...
I see a purple cat looking at me.
"Mother, mother, What do you see?" "I see beautiful children looking at me."

Brown Bear is one of all-time favorite stories to share with children. There is so many variations to present this book to children. I like to do the flannel board version and have the children bring an animal to the board as we read. I also like to sing it with the CD and then have the children sing it with me without the music. This book helps children identify animals and colors. Children love to hear this story at least once a week. Additionally the rhythmic tone and repetition is very soothing to young children. I think this is an excellent pre-school book that a teacher can use to increase language and pre-literacy skills.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0805047905, Board book)

The gentle rhyming and gorgeous, tissue-paper collage illustrations in this classic picture book make it a dog-eared favorite on many children's bookshelves. On each page, we meet a new animal who nudges us onward to discover which creature will show up next: "Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see? I see a green frog looking at me." This pattern is repeated over and over, until the pre-reader can chime in with the reader, easily predicting the next rhyme. One thing readers might not predict, however, is just what kinds of funny characters will make an appearance at the denouement! Children on the verge of reading learn best with plenty of identifiable images and rhythmic repetition. Eric Carle's good-humored style and colorful, bold illustrations (like those in The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug, and Have You Seen My Cat?) have earned him a prominent place in the children's book hall of fame. (Baby to Preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:06 -0400)

Children see a variety of animals, each one a different color, and a teacher looking at them.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0140502963, 0241137292

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,909,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible