Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My…

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader (original 1967; edition 2010)

by Bill Martin, Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Member:Rfaulk
Title:Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader
Authors:Bill Martin
Other authors:Eric Carle (Illustrator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:children bear baby

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. (1967)

Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo? by Stella Blackstone (babyhomer)
    babyhomer: similar styles of simple repetitive texts
    I Went Walking by Sue Williams (conuly)
    conuly: Probably no need to have both, though.
    Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)
    Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin Jr. (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both are identical in terms of simplicity and rhythm.

English (486)  Spanish (1)  All (487)
a fun sequencing book about what animals brown bear sees.
4 book
  TUCC | Dec 16, 2016 |
I also had mixed feelings about this book. One reason I really liked this book was because of the vibrant and colorful pictures on each page. The pictures I think enhanced the book a lot because children can easily match the picture with the words. The author uses a repetitive writing style which was can be very helpful for young readers. I didn't really like how simple the book was I thought that there could have maybe been more of storyline but at the same time I think that not having a story line could allow children to make up their own and be creative with it. The main idea of this book would be to teach students about different types of animals, colors and simple rhyming/ repetitive words.
  MackenzieVenezia | Dec 12, 2016 |
Summary: Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? explores a bright story of colors and animals.

Critique/Review: This book is a fun, lyrical story that is a staple for any library. Children will enjoy knowing the pattern of phrasing, look forward to new colors and animals, and likely be able to tell the story on their own after a time or two reading through the book.

Activity/Craft Elements: If you could see any animal of any color, what animal would it be and what color would you make it? Draw a picture of your colorful animal. ( )
  lmguest | Dec 9, 2016 |
I think that this book has some beautiful art. I have a great appreciation for Eric Carle's work. The pages repeat the same general question of what something sees. It uses adjectives, and could lead to a game for students to work on describing things that they see in the classroom. It also can be used for students who are have trouble being too grapho-phonetically focused. Students who always sound out could be helped through reading a rhythmic book like this because it lends itself to the natural beat it carries. ( )
  MissCogswell | Dec 5, 2016 |
A big happy frog, a plump purple cat, a handsome blue horse, and many more animals tell you what they see looking at them.
  sami_schneider | Dec 3, 2016 |

Bill Martin Jr.primary authorall editionscalculated
Carle, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
Red bird, red bird, what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me.
Teacher,
Teacher,
What do you see?
I see...
I see a purple cat looking at me.
"Mother, mother, What do you see?" "I see beautiful children looking at me."

Brown Bear is one of all-time favorite stories to share with children. There is so many variations to present this book to children. I like to do the flannel board version and have the children bring an animal to the board as we read. I also like to sing it with the CD and then have the children sing it with me without the music. This book helps children identify animals and colors. Children love to hear this story at least once a week. Additionally the rhythmic tone and repetition is very soothing to young children. I think this is an excellent pre-school book that a teacher can use to increase language and pre-literacy skills.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0805047905, Board book)

The gentle rhyming and gorgeous, tissue-paper collage illustrations in this classic picture book make it a dog-eared favorite on many children's bookshelves. On each page, we meet a new animal who nudges us onward to discover which creature will show up next: "Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see? I see a green frog looking at me." This pattern is repeated over and over, until the pre-reader can chime in with the reader, easily predicting the next rhyme. One thing readers might not predict, however, is just what kinds of funny characters will make an appearance at the denouement! Children on the verge of reading learn best with plenty of identifiable images and rhythmic repetition. Eric Carle's good-humored style and colorful, bold illustrations (like those in The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug, and Have You Seen My Cat?) have earned him a prominent place in the children's book hall of fame. (Baby to Preschool) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:06 -0400)

Children see a variety of animals, each one a different color, and a teacher looking at them.

117 wanted2 pay9 pay

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0140502963, 0241137292

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,619,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible