Mouse Paint (1989)

by Ellen Stoll Walsh

Three white mice discover jars of red, blue, and yellow paint and explore the world of color.

"Mailbox", K-Gr 1, Oct/Nov 2004
  AprilGraziano | Nov 16, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Mouse Paint is a cute and interesting fiction picture book that children would love to read. Full of beautiful, fun, and colorful illustrations, the book teaches about primary and secondary colors and how they are produced.

I like this book for the children. It is a great introduction book for art and colors. ( )
  Marea9676 | Jul 7, 2020 |
This concept book focuses on the concept of colors. The readability level is for first graders, but I believe I would read it to PreK or Kindergarten students. In the story, all three mice start out as white. They jump into red, yellow, and blue paint. The colors end up mixing to reveal the concept that red and yellow make orange, red and blue make purple, and yellow and blue make green. After reading this story, I would have the students mix these paints to experiment with the colors on their own to reinforce this concept. I think the book would be very useful in this sense. However, I must admit that it is not a very interesting story, but it is useful. ( )
  Katie_Morgan | Feb 10, 2020 |
Cute, but all three mice are male. Unless you work hard to find books in which all the characters are female then this is just one more book that contributes to imprinting "default male" in children's minds. So recommended only with that caution. ( )
  adaq | Dec 25, 2019 |
This one's for my mom, Nell Orum Stoll Jones

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,345,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible