The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown

The Runaway Bunny (original 1942; edition 2005)

by Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Member:sollocks
Title:The Runaway Bunny
Authors:Margaret Wise Brown
Other authors:Clement Hurd (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2005), Edition: Revised, Hardcover, 48 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites, Books Adrian has read, Books Marly has read
Rating:*****
Tags:Fiction, Children's Literature, Picture Book

The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (1942)

One of my favorite stories of all time. Great illustrations and story plot. ( )
  sarahetuemmler | Jan 25, 2015 |
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
Audio version so I am not seeing the colorful pictures.
A little bunny wants to run away and he explains how to his mother he will keep away from her.
She explains to him what she will become and how she will find him and she will get him back.
Love the part where she will give him a hug.
  jbarr5 | Jan 16, 2015 |
SUMMARY: A bunny wishes to run away from home, so his mother tells him that she will always be there with him, no matter where he goes.

REVIEW: My mother used to read me this book as a child, so it holds a special place in my heart. It contains simple language and illustrations that are perfect for children to understand. The main draw of this book is that it actually teaches children that no matter where they go and what they do, there mother will always be with them in spirit. For example, the mother says: "If you become a bird and fly away from me...I will be a tree that you come home to." I believe that children will find this book very enjoyable. ( )
  amay3 | Dec 6, 2014 |
I could teach cause and effect with this book. For example if the baby bunny is a bird the mother bunny will be a tree for the bunny to come home to.If the baby bunny becomes a boy the mother bunny will become the mother. This would be a great book to have students make and confirm predictions. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 30, 2014 |
With this story I would try and model my students how to use the if and then in a story. This has very good consistency with the two words throughout the story that it will model how to use them. My students will enjoy the story because its about a mother and a bunny and the bunny is running away so they might be able to relate. ( )
  hollyegirard | Nov 29, 2014 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anhava, HelenaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061074292, Board book)

Since its publication in 1942, The Runaway Bunny has never been out of print. Generations of sleepy children and grateful parents have loved the classics of Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd, including Goodnight Moon. The Runaway Bunny begins with a young bunny who decides to run away: "'If you run away,' said his mother, 'I will run after you. For you are my little bunny.'" And so begins a delightful, imaginary game of chase. No matter how many forms the little bunny takes--a fish in a stream, a crocus in a hidden garden, a rock on a mountain--his steadfast, adoring, protective mother finds a way of retrieving him. The soothing rhythm of the bunny banter--along with the surreal, dream-like pictures--never fail to infuse young readers with a complete sense of security and peace. For any small child who has toyed with the idea of running away or testing the strength of Mom's love, this old favorite will comfort and reassure. (Baby to preschool)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:27 -0400)

A little rabbit who wants to run away tells his mother how he will escape, but she is always right behind him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,078,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible