Dragon Ball, Volume 1: The Monkey King by…

Dragon Ball, Volume 1: The Monkey King

by Akira Toriyama

Series: Dragon Ball

Oy... I'm torn because this was recommended to me by a Japanese pen pal, so I really want to like it. And the more anime I watch, the more I love it, so I'm thinking I'd like to try manga. This was not the most auspicious beginning. It's fun in a kiddie way, but heavy on the creep factor with all the nudity and sexual harassment. Someone tell me if the series improves, or if Dragon Ball Z is better, or if maybe I should try a different series altogether.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
A classic of my childhood Dragon Ball is one of the best shows I've ever watched and, Gods forbid, if I ever have children I will be making them watch it.

With that in mind while shopping recently I came across the first two volumes of the manga. I've never bought any manga before so I thought why not.

With no real difference to the show (I have the uncensored, uncut DVDs) there was nothing new but it was good to go back to the start again and see how it originally came out.

A fun, funny and heartwarming tale I highly recommend either the manga or the show to everyone. ( )
  Shirezu | Mar 31, 2013 |
Funny, endearingly flawed characters, smutty as a carry-on movie, well written, great cartoonish artwork. What more do you need for entertainment. Recommended. ( )
  J.P.A.Birch | Sep 11, 2011 |
The first Manga I ever bought! I used to love Dragonball on TV, and found myself as addicted to the comic book series as I did to the TV show. Toriyama is incredibly cheeky and his character Goku is a loveable scamp, whom you can't help but follow on all his adventures! ( )
  kezumi | Jul 5, 2008 |
Un classique du manga ! Stupide et rigolo. ( )
  Popoyt | May 12, 2006 |
Unsere Geschichte beginnt vor langer Zeit, Tausende von Kilometern von der Hauptstadt entfernt, tief in den Bergen...
Der kleine Einsiedler Son-Goku und das Stadtmädchen Bulma brechen gemeinsam zu einem großen Abenteuer auf: Sie wollen die sieben geheimnisvollen Dragon Balls finden, mit deren Hilfe jeder Wunsch in Erfüllung geht...

The life of a monkey-tailed young boy named Son Goku changes drastically when he meets a girl on a quest to collect seven magical Dragon Balls.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible