I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me by…

I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me

by Jonathan London

Other authors: Peter M. Fiore (Illustrator)

This book is written in poem form and tells about a young boy exploring the aspects of nature around him. The book uses simple language and repetition which makes it easy for students to follow along or participate with the reading. I really liked how the book opened with a poem about the moon and ended with a poem about the moon. I think this book would be perfect to read to a child for bedtime. It could also be used in a classroom as an introduction to poetry and appreciation for nature. ( )
  Eayyad | May 2, 2017 |
"I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me" is a repetitive poem where a little boy notices and greets nature. Throughout the story, the boy sees the sun, sea, river, mountains, trees, flowers, a bee, lake, a star, and the moon. The story begins with a traditional quote: "I see the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me." This book continues with the pattern of rhyming text all throughout the story for the other parts of nature the boy notices. The illustrations in this book are absolutely stunning. The illustrator, Peter Fiore, has done an amazing job showing the beauty of nature. The beautifully detailed pictures are sure to capture the readers attention. I find this book is perfect to read to a kindergarten class or to a child before bedtime. From the amazing illustrations to the adorable poem, I truly enjoyed this book. ( )
  hjaber | Feb 23, 2016 |
This book is written in poem form. The boy in the book notices almost everything in nature, from the mood to the bees. I liked how the book started with a poem about the moon and ended with a poem about the moon. ( )
  sottallah | Apr 26, 2015 |
This poem is about a little boy and his relationship and respect for nature. He talks to the nature around him. He notices little things that go unnoticed daily. The repetition makes this book very engaging. The poem is simple and innocent, which is the reason it is brilliant. ( )
  ckarmstr1 | Oct 25, 2011 |
This is a picture book about a young boy exploring the world around him. The book is very repetitive, which makes it easier for young children to be involved in reading. I would love to read this story with my pre-kindergarten class. ( )
  Elizabeth1977 | Jun 9, 2011 |

Jonathan Londonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fiore, Peter M.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

From the vibrant morning sun to the echoing mountains, the waving trees, and finally the dreamy moon, a young boy finds joy and beauty in the natural world around him. This warm, richly cadenced adaptation of a classic nursery rhyme is just right for laptime, naptime, or bedtime.
"Fiore's art is vivid, evocative, and well painted....A lovely mood piece for sharing." -Kirkus Reviews

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:33 -0400)

An expansion of the classic nursery rhyme into a text which captures a child's perfect day in the midst of mountains, trees, flowers, and other aspects of nature.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,812,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible