Phoenix, Volume 1: Dawn by Osamu Tezuka

Phoenix, Volume 1: Dawn

by Osamu Tezuka

Series: Phoenix (1)

This was an epic tale. I am very interested to see how the series develops, since it is said to be several interlinked tales, but they don't flow from one straight into the next. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

I said I can't write a review cuz I suck!

Bird Brian said I should write one anyway!

I said I suck at reviwing and presented a pretty solid case of me being to stupid to do so!

And he said it don't matter!

I said it will be full of typos and that I will butcher the english language in the proccess!

He said write, bitch! Write!!

So write I shall!!!

So... suck on it!!

I'm not a big fan of manga! That ain't no secret! But this one was good! It got all the good shit! And the end of the word starts with 2 computers getting angry at eachother and unleashing armagedon! And it got aliens that make you dream whatever you want! And creepy old dudes cloning bitches in a basement! And a bad guy dude that looks like an asshole friend I had in highschool! Hell he even sound like him! Well not sound but read like him!! Arg y'all know what I mean! Anyway! Brian says I'm to say what I like! What I like the most about it was the Mopy or Moopy or whatever! That alien thing that can take any form and it creates any dream that feels real of whatever you want! That sounds so fucking appealing!! I've always said that if they were to invent a drug that could do that... ill over dose the first day I manage to put my hands on it!! Shit! I'm drifting here!! (I have problems with that) anyway! I think my favorite part of the whole thing was the 2 super computers arguing... I don't remember much but I do remember laughing my ass off when they decided to go nuclear even tho it meant the destruction of everything cuz it was the only logical solution! Heeehehhe! That's funny! I also like the evil dude bailing as soon as he heard the news! Totally a la Cartman! "Screw you guys I'm going home!" Also the creepy old dude with his army of horny clones! That he hated cuz it wasent real! They were still hot! I don't get it! If I was a creepy old ugly dude who can't get anything else I will totally be down with clone robots! I mean! Better than one's hand... right? Anyway! The word goes to shit! And the pheonix comes and makes the main dude immortal! Shit! Did I mentioned the main dude? He the one who has the alien thing that turns into a hot chick and makes the dreams that are real! Anyway! He immortal and shit! But his body never stops getting old! And he has to see the cycle of creation all over again! And its long! And boring! Till some slug people rice! And blow everything again! Then humans come back! After the dinos... shit! I can't keep a straight line of thought even if my life depended on it!! Anyway! Shit gets blown up again! I'm sure there is a lesson there... somewhere! But I like it when shit blows up! So its lost to me!! So there!! I like shit blowing up! And computers blowing shit up! And sexy horny robots! And escapism! and giant faming birds!!! And this manga has em!! ( )
  Alfonso809 | Apr 3, 2013 |

Osamu Tezukaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cook, JaredTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schodt, Frederik L.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"With grand historical sweep, this self-contained opening volume of Osamu Tezuka's acclaimed Phoenix saga is an epic account of the human spirit in a time of chaos and warfare, where would-be warrior Nagi and his crew struggle against the elements, invaders, and history itself"--Cover, P. [4].… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,560,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible