Mommy, Mama, and Me by Lesléa Newman

Mommy, Mama, and Me (2009)

by Lesléa Newman

Other authors: Carol Thompson (Illustrator)

This book yes is about two moms and one child's view the difference for me is how the author makes it ok for the child to see normal reactions to regular events and still have a family like everyone else that's why I say personality development because the child grows well in this family. Ages 4-5, and Up... ( )
  jjohnsonIII9567 | Jun 6, 2017 |
I was about to make my usual criticism of books like this which is that of course kids are not even gonna worry about what kind of family other kinds have and are gonna assume two mums is as normal as anything else unless they're the kind of kids whose parents feed them the idea that it's not, but then it occurred to me how much it might mean to a kid who had two mums to see a family like theirs receive the dignity of their own storybook (just as I would love for my son to have more books about families who live in two separate places but are still a family), and so I approve of that, not that I ever disapproved of course. For other kids, Todd Parr covers the "two mums/dads" thing in one page in The Family Book. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | May 8, 2017 |
This book can be used for a one on one or as a group book to let children know that not every family is the same.
  kguirsch | Nov 29, 2016 |
Week 6 discussion
  savannahgatesstacy | Nov 2, 2016 |
Mommy, Mama, and ME is about two mom's that have a son. It talks about their daily routines and it is just as normal as a straight couple and could make the child feel less embarrassed.

Pierce County Library (3-5)
  Alexandria1013 | May 24, 2016 |

Lesléa Newmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Thompson, CarolIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For the fabulous Barber-Just family: Henry and Jackson and their two moms, Sara and Christina -- L.N.

For Ian -- C.T.

A baby enjoys a number of fun activities with her two mothers.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,158,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible