Mommy, Mama, and Me by Lesléa Newman

Mommy, Mama, and Me (2009)

by Lesléa Newman

This is a good book to show kids that don't have the same kind of family as everyone else doesn't mean they act any different. This book shows that being different isn't really being that different after all. this family loves each other just like everyone else's families do. ( )
  ccampeaux | Apr 29, 2015 |
Mommy, Mama, and Me, is a story about a child with two moms. Just like Daddy, Papa, and Me, I think that this is an important book to read to children. There are so many different types of families and all of them need to be addressed in the classroom. Each child needs to feel that their family is accepted and this story will help do so for a child. Children respond better when they can relate to a story and not all children grow up in a typical household. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 26, 2015 |
I thought this book was a great children’s book, especially because of the main idea. The main idea of this story was to explain that even if a child may have the same sex parents. Even though they are the same sex, they will still have a great bond as a couple, and as a family. I liked the way the book rhymed, especially because it will grab the child’s attention. “Mama helps me read a book,” is an example of the simple sentences used in the story, which will be easy for children to read. I really liked the fact that this book was for a younger grade level but was still teaching children about this topic, which will stick to them easier, being at such a young age. Another reason I enjoyed this book was because the children were shown to live the same daily life as any other child, and it gave examples. The characters in the story were shown bathing, going to the park, eating and more. This allows children to see details and examples regarding a same sex home, as well as the way all families are the same ( )
  Sberma5 | Mar 31, 2015 |
In my opinion, this is a phenomenal book. I really liked that the author used different names for each mother. I also liked that the illustration mirrored each sentence in the book. I enjoyed that the author turned the story into somewhat of a poem. The character descriptions were accurate with each sentence. Finally, this book pushed readers to think about fellow students or friends who could come from a different type of family than them. ( )
  AliciaTrotman | Feb 17, 2015 |
A young boy spends the day with his two mommies.
Ages: 3-7
Source: Amazon
  amandapanda613 | Dec 7, 2014 |
For the fabulous Barber-Just family: Henry and Jackson and their two moms, Sara and Christina -- L.N.

For Ian -- C.T.

A baby enjoys a number of fun activities with her two mothers.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,796,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible