How People Change by Timothy S. Lane

How People Change

by Timothy S. Lane, Paul D. Tripp

靠著基督的恩典經歷蛻變的喜樂
真實的悔改,信心的茁壯
許多人常以為[只要更換一個環境、中止一段關係,就能擺脫眼前難處],卻忽略自己的角色、責任與影響力。其​實,困境與順境都是生活百樣,關鍵在於十字架的功效與聖靈的更新。​
真正持久的改變不是從信主年日、服事頭銜、聖經熟悉度、奉獻多寡、短宣次數等外在表現衡量。教會或福音機構​常犯的錯是:當人還沒有[真正委身於每日悔改]就委以重任,導致服弗與生活問題​
[人如何改變]三書是使者聖經輔導蛻變系列之一,期望經由教師講解、充分討論、課後操練,幫助學員靠著基督​的恩典改變自己,確實活出基督的樣式之後,方能成為主的器皿,幫助他人生命更新!​
  OCMCCP | Jan 2, 2015 |
From the Kopps- Christmas 2010
  bobbyemccoy | Dec 21, 2010 |
This is an excellent book on how change happens in a Christian's life. Convinced that many people are filling the void in their lives (what the authors call "the gospel gap") with things that are NOT the gospel, though they may be good (e.g. bible study, activities, experiences, etc.) the authors seek to drive home the power of the gospel itself to bring about genuine, lasting change in our lives. They talk about HEAT (the trials and testings that come our way0, THORNS (the negative responses we show under pressure), FRUIT (genuine evidence of gospel-centered change in our lives), and CROSS (the root of all true change). Their prose is smooth and easy to read, their stories are interesting and true to live, their theology is biblical and immensely practical, and the effect in my own life was increased wisdom, fresh passion, and strengthend hope. This is a REALLY good book that I plan to give away to others. ( )
1 vote brianghedges | Oct 23, 2009 |

Timothy S. Laneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tripp, Paul D.main authorall editionsconfirmed

A changed heart is the bright promise of the gospel. When the Bible talks about the gift of a new heart, it doesn't mean a heart that is immediately perfected, but a heart that is capable of being changed. Jesus' work on the cross targets our hearts, our core desires and motivations, and when our hearts change, our behavior changes. It's amazing to watch people who once seemed stuck in a pattern of words, choices, and behaviors start living in a new way as Christ changes their hearts.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,750,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible