Scaredy Squirrel at Night by Mélanie Watt

Scaredy Squirrel at Night

by Mélanie Watt

Its a good book for younger children. Its a typical "bedtime Story" the younger children will keep up with. ( )
  CSansing | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book is really cute, about a quirky squirrel who devises a intricate plan to cope with his fear of the nighttime. The artwork is fun, and the main character is adorable.
  kather8 | Jun 7, 2015 |
Scaredy Squirrel does not want to sleep because of all the things he is scared of, so he doesn't sleep and experiences all the side effects of sleep deprivation. When his horoscope tells him that all his dreams will come true at midnight, he devises a plan to help him combat his bad dreams so he can get to his good ones. It doesn't quite work, and tires him out enough so he falls asleep. When he wakes up he feels all the benefits of a good night sleep, and is no longer scared,
  kacieholt | Mar 16, 2015 |
I gave this book 4 stars because well it's Scaredy Squirrel. I read it to my own children and they loved it. I could read this book to my 5th grade class during my mentor sentences lesson time. I think they would enjoy it. ( )
  ramfam5 | Mar 15, 2015 |
Scaredy Squirrel is afraid to sleep at night because he is afraid of his dreams. He comes up with a plan to stay awake. It would be fun to use this in the classroom by opening a discussion about a time when kids were scared. What were they scared of? What kind of plan did they come up with?
  kamijake | Mar 11, 2015 |

Scaredy never sleeps -- sleep might mean bad dreams about dragons, ghosts, vampire bats and polka-dot monsters. Our wide-eyed hero has a plan: stay awake all night, every night. Between counting stars, playing cymbals and making scrapbooks, he does a good job of avoiding dreamland. With exhaustion taking its toll, Scaredy comes face-to-face with an alarming horoscope prediction: All his dreams are about to come true! He must prepare for the worst and his Bad Dream Action Plan includes a fire extinguisher to snuff out dragons and a fan to blast away ghosts. But when disaster strikes, will Scaredy survive this ordeal? Will he thank his lucky stars? Will he find sweet dreams? Scaredy Squirrel at Night tackles a fear everyone -- and especially the young -- can relate to. It's a bedtime story to make light of kids' fear of the dark and a fable for our sleep-deprived society.

Scaredy comes up with a Bad Dream Action Plan to avoid sleep but between counting stars, playing cymbals and making scrapbooks, disaster still strikes and exhaustion takes its toll. Will Scaredy survive this ordeal? Will he find sweet dreams?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,946,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible