I'll Never Be French (no matter what I…

I'll Never Be French (no matter what I do): Living in a Small Village…

by Mark Greenside

2181976,205 (3.52)12

A very enjoyable introduction to the people of Brittany by a self-deprecating author which made me think about traveling again. ( )
  wdwilson3 | Apr 1, 2018 |
Yet another place on earth to visit on my "bucket list"! :) I'm going to need to hit the lottery!

Mark Greenside writes a hysterical memoir of living and loving Brittany. As a bumbling, fumbling middle-aged American man who is discovering a new world so unlike the one he has known.

FAR2MANYBOOKS | Apr 5, 2014 |

FAR2MANYBOOKS | Apr 5, 2014 |
A very funny account of the cultural differences between the Bretons and Americans living in France. It made me laugh out loud. ( )
  BrendaRT20 | Nov 3, 2013 |
Charming little book about one man's adventure in changing his life. Despite Greenside's tongue-in-cheek observations, it's very clear he is enamored with France and his new neighbours and friends. While he may never be French, he has a deep respect and admiration for all things French - perhaps to the detriment of true observation. I'm a little suspicious of this unending generosity, common sense and joie de vivre: like everything, yes, all in good dose and never in all circumstances!
Nonetheless a fun, light read which will bring nostalgia to anyone who has enjoyed France. ( )
1 vote Cecilturtle | Aug 10, 2013 |

Author and teacher Mark Greenside recounts his struggles to fit into the life of a small Celtic village in Brittany.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible