The Doctor and the Enterprise by Jean Airey

The Doctor and the Enterprise

by Jean Airey

How Much for Just the Planet? by John M. Ford (theapparatus)
    theapparatus: If you're looking for Star Trek humour and/ or parody, this is a better read.

After picking up the first issue of Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation2 from IDW Publishing, I decided to take a trip back in time and read what is probably the first Trek/Who crossover by Jean Airey. There are a dozen different printed editions of this book. I read the original text which is available online and was published in 1981.

The verdict? Ms. Airey tells an interesting tale, but it's mostly a character study of Kirk, Spock and the Doctor. The plot meanders quite a bit. The Enterprise finds itself in the Doctor's universe, needing his help to get back home. Kirk is suspicious of the Doctor's motives but is won over. I liked the story, but it doesn't really go anywhere, so this is probably only for hardcore Trekkies and Whovians with some curiosity. ( )
1 vote mmtz | Jun 17, 2012 |
What would be today considered Internet fan fiction, a published personal work combining what appears to be the author's two favorite fields, Star Trek and Doctor Who. Not a bad read but not fully polished. ( )
  theapparatus | Jul 18, 2011 |
This is the first Doctor Who fanfic I ever read, back in 1982. It motivated me to write my own. Thus began my great fantasy trek into the fan world of zines and conventions. I've barely recovered.

Jean, if you are reading this I am on facebook as Linda Terrell. My email is: Lindat5@mindspring.com.

Does anyone know what became of Gail Bennett?
added by Alfuso | editOn line, Terrell (Apr 5, 2013)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible