Maybe (Maybe Not): Second Thoughts from a…

Maybe (Maybe Not): Second Thoughts from a Secret Life. (edition 1993)

by Robert Fulghum

Member:uufnn
Title:Maybe (Maybe Not): Second Thoughts from a Secret Life.
Authors:Robert Fulghum
Info:Villard Books
Tags:UU minister, spirituality, life

Maybe (Maybe Not): Second Thoughts from a Secret Life by Robert Fulghum

About the author: Robert Fulghum has written multiple international best sellers, such as "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten," and was a UU minister for more than twenty years. He began that career in Bellingham, WA. Being an accomplished painter and sculptor, he also taught drawing, painting and philosophy at Lakeside School in Seattle. He sings and plays guitar and mando-cello and is a founding member of the authors' collective rock-and-roll band, The Rock Bottom Remainders. His previous jobs include ditch digger, newspaper carrier, ranch hand, IBM salesman and singing cowboy. Source: Wikipedia. About the book: Quoting from the dust jacket of the book, "[He] now adds "Maybe, (Maybe Not), his wisest and most entertaining work to date. Opting for constant surprise, he continues to amuse and inspire with enlightenment encountered in the most unexpected ways and places.

"Consider Fulghum's thoughts on the secret life that nonstop epic playing inside our heads, where all our best-laid dreams are hatched on barbershop mythology, the shifting significance of nicknames over the course of a lifetime, or the circumstances of one's own conception."
  uufnn | Feb 24, 2016 |
Always learn something from Fulghum. ( )
  EdSantiago | Dec 30, 2009 |
All of Robert Fulgham's books are hilarious! His stories are well told and easy to read and follow. ( )
  callista83 | Sep 19, 2008 |
A nice light read. I didn't always agree with his thoughts, but I usually did. Books like this always make me want to write my own book. I read it and think, "Hey - maybe someone would want to read my opinions and observations too!" Clean, and family friendly. ( )
  BookAngel_a | Mar 23, 2008 |
A wonderful collection of stories and musings. Some make you think, others just make you laugh. Very fun to see inside someone else's head. ( )
  nderdog | Dec 5, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0804111154, Mass Market Paperback)

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
I once began a list of the contradictory notions I hold:
Look before you leap.
He who hesitates is lost.
Two heads are better than one.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Better safe than sorry.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
You can't tell a book by its cover.
Clothes make the man.
Many hands make light work.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
It's never too late to learn.
Never sweat the small stuff.
God is in the details.
And so on. The list goes on forever. Once I got so caught up in this kind of thinking that I wore two buttons on my smock when I was teaching art. One said, "Trust me, I'm a teacher." The other replied, "Question Authority."
[signature]
Fulghum

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Presents Fulghum's thoughts on the secret life (that nonstop epic playing inside our heads, where all our best-laid dreams are hatched), on barbershop mythology, the shifting signifcance of nicknames over the course of a lifetime, or the circumstances of one's own conception. Contemplate along with him the revelations afforded by ironing a shirt, a rousing session of musical chairs, or the ethical struggle to decide a poinsettia's fate; acknowledge that love indeed transcends the ravages of time and that some family secrets can be gifts of joy.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,146,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible