BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker

BoneMan's Daughters (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Ted Dekker

Member:amdrane2
Title:BoneMan's Daughters
Authors:Ted Dekker
Info:Center Street (2009), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Tags:fiction, thriller, horror

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker (2009)

English (48)  Dutch (1)  All languages (49)
I loved this book so much. It kept me on my feet a thousand times and ten more. I loved how well the girl handled herself, and seeing the relationship between the parents and child. I was glad to see the Fathers love, as he continued to stand by an "Over my dead body" attitude. Overall it's a great book.(: ( )
  Phoebestone97 | Jun 30, 2016 |
Gruesome. ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
Ryan Evans has served his country well as an intelligence officer for the navy. On the other hand his role as a husband and a father has been lacking at best. When a mission goes wrong near Fallujah, Ryan comes face to face with a horrific reality causing him to reflect on his own personal failures. After a narrow escape Ryan vows to return home a better man for his wife and his daughter, Bethany. Meanwhile in Austin, TX, new evidence has come to light regarding the capture of the serial killer known as Boneman. Two years ago Boneman went on a rampage capturing young girls and then torturing them by breaking all of their bones without breaking their skin. Boneman was finally captured, but the new evidence suggests they have the wrong man. Their suspicions are confirmed when the real Boneman captures Bethany Evans soon after her father returns from Iraq. Ryan will now stop at nothing to save his daughter from this monster. Unfortunately for Ryan, the FBI is convinced of something else.

This was the first Ted Dekker book I ever read. The story is suspenseful all the way through. A new kind of villain and a determined dad. Totally captivating! Highly recommend
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I did not see the ending coming!!! ( )
  Regyna2167 | Jan 16, 2016 |
Naval Intelligence Officer Ryan Evans has just returned to Texas after a horrific two weeks in Iraq as the captor of a sadistic kidnapper who psychologially tortured Ryan. As he was held captive his thoughts turned to his wife Celine and teen-aged daughter Bethany. Ryan had willingly taken on numerous deployments during his marriage to the point that Celine and Bethany were almost strangers to him; but now he knows that his family is the most important thing in his life and he is eager to start anew with his girls. Unfortunately, Celine is teetering on the edge of divorce as she has found a new man in her life and Bethany wants nothing to do with her absentee father. Ryan pleads for a second chance but is shut out of their lives with a restraining order.

A monstrous serial killer is stalking young women in Texas, kidnapping them and breaking their bones until they are dead. The "Boneman" sets his sights on the beautiful Bethany and Ryan will stop at nothing to rescue her from her captor. Celine and the police immediately think that Ryan himself is the kidnapper seeing this as a possible act of revenge against the family that shunned him. As the Boneman alternately threatens and pampers Bethany he sets his traps to lure Ryan into a final confrontation.

This is the first book I have read by Ted Dekker and although I think he appears to be a good writer I had great difficulty with the brutality of the story. I was pulled in enough to want to know if Ryan could rescue his daughter but so much of it was cringe-worthy. I don't recommend this one to anyone who is sensitive to this kind of subject matter. I really don't know if I will read anything else by this author.
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
The day that Ryan Evans' world forever changed began as any other day he'd spent in the hot desert might have begun.

They Call him the BoneMan, a serial killer who's abducted six young women. He's the perfect father looking for the perfect daughter, and when his victims fail to meet his lofty expectations, he kills them by breaking their bones and leaving them to die.

Intelligence officer Ryan Evans, on the other hand, has lost all hope of ever being the perfect father. His daughter and wife have written him out of their lives.

Everything changes when BoneMan takes Ryan's estranged daughter, Bethany, as his seventh victim. Ryan goes after BoneMan on his own.

But the FBI sees it differently. New evidence points to the suspicion that Ryan is BoneMan. Now the hunter is the hunted, and in the end, only one father will stand.

A serial killer is kidnapping young girls, breaking their bones, and leaving them to die. Ryan Evans is an intelligence officer who is alienated from his own family. When the BoneMan kidnaps Ryan's daughter, Ryan must take on this deranged killer himself to save her.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,916,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible