Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the…

Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust (2006)

by Immaculée Ilibagiza

Other authors: Wayne W. Dyer (Foreword), Steve Erwin

An Ordinary Man: An Autobiography by Paul Rusesabagina (elbakerone)
    The Other Hand by Chris Cleave (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Twenty-two-year-old Immaculée survives the three-month Rwandan genocide, in which most of her family is murdered. Readers interested in how a lone survivor of violent conflict can find the strength to continue might be interested in this memoir.… (more)
    The Translator: A Tribesman's Memoir of Darfur by Daoud Hari (elbakerone)

Immaculee is Rwandan and lost most of her family in the genocide in 1994. She stayed hidden in a small bathroom with 7 other woman for three months, and spent the majority of her time praying. Somehow, amidst all the horror and atrocities, but on the strength of her faith, she was able to forgive those responsible for the killings. ( )
  LibraryCin | Feb 11, 2014 |
Summary: The painful story of a young woman who had to live in a tiny bathroom to protect her life as horror and tragedy abounded during the Rwandan holocaust. ( )
  6boysandme | Jul 16, 2013 |
LEFT TO TELL is an important witness to the horrors of the Rwandan holocaust--a story not present enough in American awareness. While I found the theology and prose simplistic, I appreciated Ilibagiza's resilient and lively voice. Her story is definitely a testimony to the power of faith to sustain us through horrific times. ( )
  ElizabethAndrew | May 13, 2013 |
My sister-in-law, Colleen, recommended I read this many years ago. I finally read it and was very moved by Immaculee's story. It's a haunting tale, but how she survived through her faith was incredibly inspiring. ( )
  bibliobethica | Apr 27, 2013 |
Excellent description of the Genocide in Rwanda and the forgiveness of a survivor. ( )
  RolandB | Mar 23, 2013 |

Immaculée Ilibagizaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dyer, Wayne W.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Erwin, Stevesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To my beloved parents, Leonard and Rose; and my dear brothers Damascene and Vianney, for all the selfless love you gave me. You make heaven a brighter place, and I will love you always.

For my brother Aimable, with much love and in hopes of healing unspoken pain.

And to my new family -- Bryan and our sweet babies, Nikki and Bryan, Jr. -- for giving me a new life, love, and inspiration. You make my life complete. In memory of holocaust victims everywhere.

Chapter 1: The Eternal Spring
I was born in paradis. At least, that's how I felt about my homeland while I was growing up.
"When we are no longer able to change a situation--we are challenged to change ourselves."
Viktor E. Frankl, psychologist, author, and Nazi holocaust survivor

As Seen on Public TV. Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:46 -0400)

Presents the true story of a woman who endures the murder of her family as a result of genocide in Rwanda and turns to prayer for strength, love, and forgiveness.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1401908977, 1401911498

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,603,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible