Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Little Oxford Dictionary of Current English (1930)
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0198611889, Hardcover)Over one million copies of the fifth edition of the Little Oxford Dictionary have been sold since its publication in 1980. This most thorough revision to date features:
· New larger format.
· Far more attractive pages than any other dictionary of its price.
· Great increase in contemporary vocabulary, especially technical and scientific terms. New words include: ageism, aikido, allergenci, futon, privatize, surrogate mother, tofu, user-friendly.
· Different senses of words ordered by frequency of use.
· Abbreviations kept to a minimum.
· Pronunciations given in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
· New appendix on some vexing questions of pronunciation, spelling, plurals, meaning, and grammar (such as all right, decimate, shall/will) added to those on countries and the metric system.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.