Charmed & Ready by Candace Havens

Charmed & Ready

by Candace Havens

Well, if you're not expecting a classic piece of literature, then you have a fun book. This is one of those books that I pick up from time to time when even Shopaholic seems to be too much for me. I'm stressed at work, I'm stressed at home, I'm stressed all over the place I need something that doesn't require me to think.
TA-DA!
But seriously, this book is kind of dull too. Maybe I should have read the first book, but I grabbed this one because it was there.
The book is kind of all over the place, almost as if Havens had a hard time trying to get to her point. And your main character dying and almost dying 3 times - yeah, overkill.

So I don't know. Be prepared for cliches. Be prepared for fluff. All of the main character's friends are funny and smart and rich and perfect. So is the 25-year-old main character. (Nothing against 25 year olds, but the chick in this book doesn't read to me like a 25 year old.)

So okay, in the end...it kind of sucked. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Bronwyn is a Witch, and Charmed & Deadly is the second book in the Bronwyn the Witch series featuring Bronwyn herself. This time around, Bronwyn, who regularly does security detail for the Prime Minister, has now been asked to take this next job as a favor to him for a friend. And what a delicious flavor... ahem, I mean favor, it is. ;) Rock star and heartthrob Zane is getting zapped by creepy Goth guys with strange eyes and black cloaks at his concerts, in addition to some other weird things have been happening to him. So now Bronywn's on the job. Zane's really a great guy though, and quite fun to be around, on the A-list at all the hottest clubs in London and LA. So now Bronwyn is trying to keep her client from getting killed while also trying to keep her boyfriend Sam from getting too jealous, especially since she seems to showing up in all the tabloids on Zane's arm!

I really enjoyed this book, and wonder why I waited so long after reading the first one, Charmed & Dangerous, to pick up this one. Most likely just too many other commitments and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I really like Bronwyn and relate well to her character on so many levels, the least of which is her potty mouth. LOL

Charmed & Deadly, along with the other books in the series, is written in journal format. I feel this sometimes hinders the progress of the book at times however, particularly when Bron is telling the story of something that's happening in the here and now, but because it's supposed to seem like she's writing it in her journal after the fact—or in some other instances when there's a bit of a time warp—you have to assume she's writing these entries no matter where she is. But that's probably just me being overly picky with things. Because I can also see how the author might be using the journal outlet to allow Bronwyn to express herself in ways that might be more difficult to do otherwise. So I suppose it's a give and take. In that regard, it doesn't really detract from the story line, and the action just keeps on going non-stop, but it may cause some readers to say hmmmm.

This book is actually classified as a paranormal romance, but it's more of the MaryJanice Davidson chick-lit classification, or even urban fantasy possibly, as opposed to Christine Feehan. More chick lit and kick-ass girl than mushy, gushy, you are my hero crap! LOL Overall, a most excellent read and a definite thumbs up! :) ( )
  CheriePie69 | Jan 7, 2009 |
To all the divas of the world who love a great pair of shoes
"Two weeks of sipping raspberry margaritas and mojitos on the beach. No worries, just sun and fun."

After spending most of her life single-practically an occupational hazard for a witch-Bronwyn's finally found a sexy warlock to love. But it's going to take more than a few love spells to keep him from getting jealous about her latest gig-protecting a rock star named Zane from the creepy Goth guys in cloaks who keep showing up at his concerts and zapping his mojo. Bronwyn would like nothing better than to blow them up in an inferno of Love That Red smoke, but they're proving elusive. And in the meantime-what girl wouldn't want to hang with the hottest man in music?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,231,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible