Letters From Hollywood by Michael Moorcock

Letters From Hollywood (1986)

by Michael Moorcock

Surprisingly candid and enjoyable snapshot of a Brit's view of the California experience. I have long thought that people who lived in San Francisco were not part of the US. It was refreshing to read that Mr. Moorcock's view of San Francisco back in the 80's was so dead-on. That those living there had a superior attitude that theirs was the best and most enlightened place to live in the US and that everyone else was lower on the totem pole. The chapter where he dissects this attitude to me was totally hysterical. ( )
2 vote scififan42 | Mar 24, 2013 |
To the memory of Graham Hall, who was my excuse for going, And to Jimmy Ballard, who asked me to write once I'd arrived.
This book began as a series of personal letters written to my friend J.G. Ballard who, as prose editor of the magazine Ambit, suggested he publish parts of them as Letters from Hollywood (though strictly not all of them were sent from Hollywood).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,562,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible